Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend!

This is so true :(
 Happy TUESDAY everyone!

I don't know about you guys but I could not be happier that today is Tuesday and we all just got to skip the Monday morning blues.  YAY for a short work week...it's even shorter for me because I start my vacation on Thursday!!!

Overall I had a pretty nice and relaxing labor day weekend.  Friday I got out of work early and went shopping for a dress to wear to the wedding.  Anthropologie did me well (not so much my wallet).







I ended up buying the top, blue dress to wear to the wedding (it was on sale) and the bottom dress, well I bought it and it wasn't on sale.  The sales people talked me into it saying how it was "made for me" and "that is your color".  I normally don't let people talk me into buying stuff (especially expensive stuff) but I actually do love this dress.  And I can wear it to work and it kind of has sleeves so it can be considered a fall item in my opinion.

Ok, so I worked late Friday night and then slept late Saturday morning.  Saturday was a lazy day.  I didn't go to the gym or do much of anything productive.  I did do some laundry though, so at least I did something worthwhile.  


I did paint my nails this pretty color for the wedding though.  And yes, I realize that my nails are the same color as my couch in these pictures...weird.

I had to work late again on Saturday night.  I then had to sleep alone because Vinnie is still watching his Uncle's dog.  I didn't sleep alone all night though.



Marley kept me company for some of the night.  He doesn't like sleeping in my bed all night though.  At some point during the night he always gets up and ventures back to his own bed.  Which is fine because that dog's body heat was a little too much for a summer night when your air conditioner doesn't work that well and neither does your fan. 

Sunday morning Vinnie came home early and we went out to breakfast at a little hole in the wall restaurant called Cousin's.  We hadn't eaten there before but Vinnie saw a commercial for it on TV (since that's all he's been doing at his Uncle's house).  It was a tiny little place but man was it delicious.  I had a spicy breakfast burrito and I definitely left satisfied and stuffed!  Then we got ready for Megan and Matt's wedding.  We took a cab there (anticipating the drunken state we would be in when it was time to go home that night) and arrived early.  This is shocking because we are ALWAYS late.  The wedding was beautiful and it was so nice to see all of my friends from high school.  I miss them so much and not many of them live in the area so I never get to see them anymore.








 Everything at their wedding was simple but very classy.  We had a great time.  It was a good thing that I didn't have to work Monday because quite frankly this girl can't party like she used to.  I was at home in bed by 11 pm Sunday night and woke up feeling horrible on Monday morning.  I remember those days when I was in college and I could drink til 4 am and then wake up and go to class at 10 am the next morning (still drunk but feeling great).  Not anymore!  I get the worst hangovers, I cannot handle my alcohol.  

Needless to say most of Monday was spend in my pj's on the couch drinking lots of fluids.  The only productive thing I did was one load of laundry at about 8 pm and I ended up making pasta for Vinnie when he got home from work.  The pasta was delicious I must say though.  It was just spaghetti noodles and vodka sauce, but I added some shrimp, green peppers, onions, and garlic.  Vinnie is quite proud of the little chef I have become.  It's nice when I can just find some stuff around my kitchen and make a nice little dinner for us.  Vinnie is still watching his Uncle's dog and since I didn't want to go to bed alone again I went over to his house with him (which is way in the suburbs) and spent the night there.  


Cosmo sleeping on my feet all night
I didn't sleep well because of a couple of things.  It was weird not being in my own bed, Cosmo (Uncle's dog) doesn't stop moving and of course he had to sleep in bed with us (spoiled!), and that bed was too damn big.  We slept in a king size bed and it felt like I was miles away from Vinnie.  So I'm extremely tired today because I had to wake up at 5:30 am in order to leave on time to make it through traffic and get to work.  Even with limited sleep I'm not in a bad mood because I only have to get through today and tomorrow at work and then it's VACATION TIME!!!

So now that the long weekend is over I'm not feeling very well.  It should be the opposite because I rested and relaxed all week.  I found this 3 day detox that would be a great idea and might try it out if I can go to the grocery store soon to buy some of these items.  I think I would feel a whole lot better than I do right now!

 I've been trying to chug water all day and I can't even drink coffee because it hurts my stomach too bad.  I think I need a detox diet!

Well I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday weekend!  Enjoy your short work week!   
xoxo

Bought this candle and have been burning it for days.  I'm ready for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment