Friday, August 31, 2012

Add Peanut Butter to your Oatmeal!

 
TGIF for real!  I don't know if I've ever meant that more than I do today!  It's Friday and I have almost made it through this week!  I'm full of mixed emotions today...I'm feeling tired, anxious (probably because of the 2 cups of coffee I've already had and because I'm itching for the weekend to start), happy, and sad all at the same time!  Talk about complicated!  I'm only sad because I've been working so much that I haven't gotten to see Vinnie very much this week and he has to dog sit for his Uncle who is going on vacation so pretty much the only day I'm going to see him is Sunday for the wedding.  But we'll have so much fun at the wedding that it will be worth the wait!

Ok so the title of this post is "Add Peanut Butter to your Oatmeal".  Seriously guys.  If you like peanut butter and you like oatmeal, add them together and you won't be disappointed.  One of my co-workers introduced me to this.  It's actually good with any kind of oatmeal but I prefer it with maple and brown sugar.  Just add a spoon full of peanut butter before you put the instant oatmeal in and then add the hot water or milk.  I am a HUGE peanut butter fanatic so I was thrilled when I tried this.  Also, not all Targets sell these but I just bought some Banana fudge filled cereal bars (Market Pantry brand) and they are also to die for!  D-E-LICIOUS! 

So one of the reasons I am happy today is because I get out of work at 2 pm in order to start the long holiday weekend off early.  Since I get off work early today, I am going to have time to stop by the mall and buy a new dress for my friend Megan's wedding on Sunday.  I was going to just wear something I already own, but let's face it, this is too good of an excuse to go shopping and buy a new dress.  I love dress shopping!  One of my favorite stores to shop in is Anthropologie...I'm obsessed with everything there.  So I was browsing their site and here are a few of my favorite items:
















 So none of the above items I would probably wear to a wedding (besides the jewelry) but let's face it, I probably can't go into that store and only buy one item.  That place is my shopping weakness.  I always end up spending too much money (sorry wallet, but today is pay day and you are going to be hurting).



Now these are dresses that I could wear to a wedding!  P.S. All of the images are from the sale section on Anthropologie's website, which you can also get an extra 25% off of through September 3.  I love Anthro but they are so darn expensive that I almost always only shop the sale items (because even those items are expensive).  Come on, girl's gotta budget!

Oh shit,  I just remembered there are going to be Labor Day sales...uh oh watch out people.  Tarah + sales = crazy person!

I just started thinking about how I'm going to wear my hair for the wedding.  I would like to do something different but I guess how I wear my hair also depends on the dress I buy.  So I found some hair ideas on Pinterest:




So I'm not good at doing my hair AT ALL but I can braid.  Any of these hairstyles would probably take me about 2 hours to do (and Vinnie getting super cranky waiting) but I might try one of these out.  I can braid pretty well so we'll see how it goes.  I'll probably just end up straightening it and being boring.  I think it's supposed to rain on Sunday though and my hair + humidity + rain = HUGE MESS so wearing it up might not be a bad idea.  

I hope everyone has a great LONG weekend!  



I know I'll be having a great weekend starting Sunday after sipping on one or two of these little guys!  Amaretto Stone Sours are the best wedding drink!  Happy Friday, happy long weekend, and happy Labor day!!!

xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment