Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Good-bye Struggleland!

It's Tuesday.  Which means it's no longer Monday and it's almost hump day.  It also means that I don't have to work tonight and since Vinnie is working you will most likely find me at the mall shopping, in the kitchen cooking, or on the couch with a glass of wine in my hand watching Gossip Girl (since I can only watch this when Vinnie isn't around obviously).  I contemplated going to the gym too.  I really, really should go to the gym.  But I'm so tired.  This is the argument my conscious and I have been having all afternoon.

Anywho, let me tell you about my Monday struggles.  First of all, I failed to mention yesterday in my post that after my morning shower I started drying my hair and shortly realized that I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair.  Seriously?!  Who does that?  I do, and this isn't the first time.  But since I always wake up with just enough time to get ready for work (I never give myself extra time for 'days that I'm having a bad hairday and should spend a little more time on myself' which results in me having many bad hairdays) I just finished drying my hair, threw it up in a ponytail, and looked like a nasty greaseball all day.  But hey, maybe the grunge look is coming back?  Nah I don't think so.  If Heidi Klum and Megan Fox pulled it off so can I!  Oh wait, they didn't pull it off either.








I guess nobody wins with greasy hair.  At least my hair smelled good all day though!

Well that was my main struggle of the day but I did look like I hated life with my outfit yesterday.  Sometimes I forget that I need to put style before comfort when I go to work.  My office has a 'smart casual' dress code.  I have no idea what the hell that means but I know that we can wear jeans so we don't have to look all businessy.  Yesterday I decided to pair my favorite black jeans with a dark charcoal colored sweater and my black Toms.  I apparently didn't look in the mirror before I left (I blame this on Vinnie not having to wake up early in the mornings because I often, ok always, get dressed in the dark).  I went to the bathroom at work and caught a glimpse of the vamipire/goth girl in the mirror.  "Oh shit, that's me!"

Me yesterday at work.
I had to work last night.  It wasn't that cold outside but I've come to the realization that as soon as it drops below 60 degrees people think it's freezing outside and refuse to partake in any outside activity, which includes drinking beer.  

You probably wouldn't find me eating/drinking outside in this weather.

Since I was scheduled to work out on the patio last night I made the mistake of figuring I would get called off because of the weather.  I was not called off.  I came in to work, had 2 tables, and left in less than 2 hours.  Waste of time.  Oh well, a little bit of money is better than nothing.  Then I came home, ate Chinese food, and watched 7 episode of some weirdass Australian dance show that Erin was watching (and probably had been all day from the looks of the indention in the couch) on Netflix.  And this my friends, was an even bigger waste of time.  What an unproductive Monday I had.

Don't worry, today I am much more put together.  As Drake would say, my hair did, nails did, everything did.  Oh I'm fancy huh?  No but really, even my nails are done today.  BTW if you are looking for a good nail color for fall, look no further.  Smokin Hot by Essie.  Done.


And now I will end this post with the 2 best things I have bought off of Groupon in a while, both for Marley (spoiled little baby).



I'm way excited about the treat launcher, mostly because I'm hoping I can use it with people treats too (you know cheerios, m&ms)!  I just bought them today so if they aren't as cool as they look I'm going to be pissed.

Have a terrific Tuesday!  Here's to leaving struggleland in the dust!

xoxo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment