Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hello evil Monday morning...we meet again!  You must have forgotten about our conversation last week, you know, the one where I told you never to show your face around here again!  I just knew you'd come back!

 
Seriously though, how is it already Monday?!  The weekend almost feels like it never even happened.  But it did, and now it's over.

In all honesty I had a great weekend, although it was filled with a little bit of drama!  I ended up not working Friday night because it was cold and rainy and I was supposed to work out on the patio.  Obviously no one was going to sit out on the patio so there was no need for me.  My parents got into Chicago around 9:30 pm.  We just stayed in that night since the weather was crappy.  Vinnie didn't have to work either so all of us had a few drinks and caught up with each other.

The next morning is when the drama happened.  WARNING: if you don't like hearing about blood, don't read the rest of this paragraph!  We were supposed to go to the Cubs/Cardinals game at Wrigley Field at noon so we all got up early, ate breakfast, and started getting ready.  Well my mom had lazer surgery on her ankles 4 weeks ago so she has some deep wounds all over her ankles that she has been battling with and waiting for to heal.  We all thought that they were starting to heal because it's been a month since she has had this surgery.  Well as we're all rushing around to get ready, one of my mom's wounds opens up and the artery broke open in her ankle.  Blood started pouring out of her vein and streaming all over the floor.  We sat her down and applied pressure to the wound right away.  It was possibly the most blood I've ever seen in real life so it's a good thing I don't get squeamish at this sort of thing.  She wasn't in any pain and didn't even notice that she was bleeding for a while.  She just thought she had stepped in some water, not the case.  The bleeding stopped pretty quickly and we called her doctor to see if we needed to go to the emergency room.  Luckily he said she would be fine, just to wrap it and stay off of it.  So we ended up watching the game from my living room instead of from Wrigley Field.  My mom felt so bad and wanted me and my dad to go without her but I just wanted to spend time with them so I didn't even really care that we didn't go to the game.  I was just happy that she was ok.

That night, with no more bloody occurrences, we decided to go out to eat to this restaurant called Fork that is nearby my apartment.  We dropped my mom right off at the door before parking so that she had to walk as little as possible.  Vinnie was working but met up with us after he got off.

My first Pumpking of the season!

I had so much fun with them!

<3
  After dinner we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some liquor and something to eat for breakfast the next morning.  Me and my mom decided to try some Hallowine.


It was a white wine that had a cinnamon/nutmeg flavor.  It was awesome and the perfect thing to drink for fall.  We drank it at room temperature but it said on the bottle that it is best served warm and I could imagine it would be!  After chatting some more we all went to bed.

Sunday morning we woke up and had some coffee and cheese danish before watching the Bears game.  They won!  Go Bears!  We then said our good-byes and I had to rush off to work for a wonderful 8 hour shift.  Eww!  But I can't complain because I hadn't worked at that job since last Monday.  I already miss my parents and can't believe how fast the weekend went by!  I love having them visit and I am so lucky to have a big apartment with an extra bedroom so they can stay with us instead of having to go to a hotel.  Now if only I can convince them to venture to Chicago more often (my dad hates the traffic more than anything)!
 
Marley said good-bye to Mom and Dad too!
 Hopefully it's another fast week, but not too fast.  I want to enjoy this beautiful fall weather while it lasts.  Before too long it will be snowing and we will be wishing for summer again!

Have a happy Monday!  Don't let him get you down!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment