Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bread and Budgets

Hiiiiya!  Happy not Monday anymore everyone!  Getting through my first day back to reality from vacation was painful but I made it.  It was super busy last night at work (who eats out on Monday???) so by the time I got home I was out like a light!  Since all I did yesterday/last night was work I really don't have much to talk about today and I really can't just choose a topic.  So bare with me on this post.  Caution: it could get boring/I might ramble a lot!

Alright, I haven't baked anything in a while so I decided maybe it's time to find something new to bake.  My parents are coming to visit me on Saturday and it might be nice to have a little something for them to munch on when they get here.  I think I've decided on some yummy bread, no not just plain old bread, but banana bread and/or pumpkin bread.  I tend to really like all of the recipes I find on simplyrecipes.com so I decided to check some out.  I found a few options but narrowed it down to 2 that sound so good my mouth is watering right now.


Here is the banana bread recipe I found.  I was kind of inspired to make banana bread because this morning when I was leaving for work I saw the bananas I bought for Vinnie the last time I went to the grocery store and they look like they're going to rot if he doesn't eat them soon.  So I might as well put them to good use.  Sidenote: I can't eat bananas by themselves because of the weird texture, yes I am a weird texture person.  I do love the flavor of bananas though so I will eat them in things.



Here is the yummy pumpkin bread recipe I found.  Now you can have banana bread anytime you want but pumpkin bread is really only socially acceptable to eat during this fall season.  Ok ok that is just another Tarah rule.  But really, pumpkin bread has to taste better during the fall season!  Also, I know you have to be getting sick of me talking about pumpkin everything!  Sorry I'm not sorry.  I am in love with pumpkins, apple cider, and everything else fall related, especially since it is really starting to cool down and feel like fall here in Chicago.  Seriously, this morning I just put a light sweater on over my short sleeved shirt and almost froze on the 10 minute walk into work from my car.  It is down right chilly!

Welp now that we've talked about bread so much let's move on.  I have one more night of work before having two nights off, in a row.  There are so many things I want to do in these 2 nights I have off.  Obviously they probably won't get done.  I have a couple of steaks in the freezer and I just bought some steak marinade that sounds wonderful so I am planning on making steaks one of these nights.  Vinnie and I also plan on probably going out to eat or at least getting drinks out one of these nights too.  I can't remember the last time we went out together on a date night.  I always get excited when I get to make myself look date night presentable, especially now that it's getting colder out and I can bust out my boots.  I am a huge boot fan!   

Look at that, can you believe it?!?  I went on a rambling rant, I never do that! (sarcasm).  Ok, I'm done rambling.  I'm trying to save money so I have decided that the only fashion items I need to worry about purchasing for fall are:

1. a few sweaters
2. leggings/tights
3. corduroy pants (probably colored skinnies)
4. scarves
5. loafers

I am also only allowing myself to shop at a few select stores where I know things won't be too expensive like Target, Old Navy, Forever 21, TJ Maxx, etc.  I just can't allow myself to splurge on full price items at Anthropologie, The Loft, Gap, Express, etc. so unless I find things on sale (really on sale) I will not be shopping at these places anytime soon.  I do need a new fall jacket though so I might allow myself to splurge on this ONE item.  But I am going to try to be a little more thrifty because from all the blogs I read I know it can be done!



Surely I can put outfits like this together for cheap (both found via Pinterest)!  Here's hoping!
 
And now I will leave you with a couple of pins I found on Pinterest which both describe my life/how I'm feeling right about now.


 Have a lovely evening everyone! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment