Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Fall Favorites!



Hooray it's Wednesday!  This is my last day and night of work before I start my vacation!  I could not be happier right now!  This girl needs a break.  How was everyone's Tuesday?  Mine flew by, which is good because as I mentioned yesterday I was super tired due to lack of sleep.  Work was slow last night and I ended up getting out before 10.  I was in bed before 11 and asleep before I could even finish one episode of Friends.  Marley slept at the end of my bed all night because he knew I was lonely without Vinnie.  He's a good boy.

So it's getting closer and closer to fall (even though yesterday was still 85 degrees) and I am getting more and more excited because fall is my absolute FAVORITE time of year!  Just an FYI this probably won't be the only post about fall so be prepared.  I love fall because of the weather, the falling leaves, the yummy food, and many other things that are associated with fall.  I also love it because not only is my birthday in the fall but so is my brother and dad's birthdays.  We always have a family celebration during a certain week in October because, believe it or not, all 3 of our birthdays are within 4 days of each other (mine = Oct 23, dad's = Oct 25, brother's = Oct 26).  This has always been a really special month for the 3 of us.  I also LOVE Halloween which is in the fall also.  Even though I don't usually do much to celebrate Halloween I love love love it!  Being scared is one of my favorites!

Alright so here are a few fall things that I am looking forward to:

1. Pumpkin Everything!

I found an awesome recipe for Chai Pumpkin Spice Thumbprints and I can't wait to make them and try them out!


I also found a recipe for Pumpkin Pie French Toast. I love french toast so this has to be good!



Now if you're looking for something pumpkiny (I'm sure that's a word) to drink but don't want something that's gonna keep you up (I love pumpkin spice lattes but can only drink so many of them) here is a recipe for Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate.  Yummy!  This looks soooo good!



Really I just love pumpkins.  I can't wait to eat pumpkin yummies but I also can't wait to just see pumpkins on doorsteps and to carve a pumpkin!  I'm determined to do that this year because I never did last year.  I bought a pumpkin but never carved it.

 2. Fall Fashion!

I love fall fashion.  I'm really looking forward to wearing:

My favorite dark red jeans and I found 7 different ways to wear them via Pinterest!

Cute chambray shirts with leggings (or skinnies)

 Boots!!!!


Fall dresses with tights and boots! (one of my favorite fall combinations!)

Big sweaters with scarves!

3.  Fall Activities

There are so many fun things to do in the fall.  


Some of these things you can do during any season but they are definitely more fun to do in the fall because of the weather.  There are definitely a few things on this fall bucket list that I would love to do this fall (maybe I'll even do them all!).  One thing I want to add to this list is visiting a winery.


Now visiting a winery is probably more of a spring/summer activity but I think it would be awesome to enjoy a nice winery in the fall before the weather starts to get too cold.  I love wine but Vinnie isn't a big fan so we will have to see if I can actually drag him out to do this. 

Now that I'm talking about wine, I almost forgot, my favorite season for beer is fall!

4. Beer/Octoberfest

There are a few fall seasonal beers that I have already tried and love.


 
And there are a few that I am hoping to try out this year!
 

 
Well now all of this talk about my fall favorites has made me even more excited for fall!  Maybe while I'm taking my vacation time I will make a few fall recipes and even decorate the apartment for fall!  Well I guess now I have quite a few things I'm planning to do on vacation - visiting parents in Iowa, visiting sister and the kiddies back home, cleaning/organizing projects, baking some fall recipes, and decorating for fall.  Oh and of course finding time to relax in the midst of all of that.  I always know how to keep myself busy!  
 
Now that I've talked a ton about yummy fall food and beer, here is a link I found that is super helpful with reducing sugar and processed food and replacing it with healthier substitutions.  One day I'm going to start eating better, but of course I'm going to wait until after my vacation...duh!
  EXCELLENT website for those who wish to eliminate/reduce sugar and processed foods

Alright well there's still like 20 days left until fall officially starts but I'm hoping the weather starts to cool down and the leaves start changing before too long.  This time of year just makes me oh so happy :)  Have a great Wednesday everyone!  And enjoy your weekend.  I probably won't be blogging for a while since I'll be busy relaxing on my vacation!

xoxo

1 comment: