Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Recap

Hi Everyone!  Our enemy, Mr. Monday, is among us yet again :(

I had a pretty fun weekend, although I now think I might be getting sick because I have a pretty sore throat.  I'll be drinking lots of green tea this week in hopes of fighting it off before the weekend.  This coming weekend is birthday weekend!  Vinnie and I are heading to Iowa to visit my parents.  My brother will be visiting too.  My dad, my brother, and I all have birthdays next week so we are celebrating this weekend.  It's very important that I am not sick for this celebration!

Weekend Recap:

Friday - I did what I do every Friday: WORK.

Saturday - I had breakfast hung out with Marley for a while then hit the gym (finally) for a much needed workout.  Let me tell you, I am still feeling it today.  Then I came home, showered, and headed off to work again.

Sunday - Since it was my only day off it rained all day, of course.  Me and Vinnie had plans to go to Six Flags Great America for Fright Fest because this was the only weekend we'll be able to go since we have plans the next 2 weekends and Fright Fest ends in October.  We decided to just suck it up, go, and pray that the rain stops.  When we first arrived it started raining the hardest it had rained all day and we started regretting our decision because it was starting out to be a miserable experience.  We decided to go to a hypnotist show, mostly because it was inside.  The show lasted about an hour and was actually pretty funny.  When we got out, the rain had died down a little but it was super cold.  

Not a very good picture, but this is Vinnie's prize he won.

 Vinnie decided to play one of those dumb carnival games and ended up winning a super sized stuffed animal of Brian, the dog from Family Guy, so we got to carry that around with us the whole rest of our trip.  Why I didn't try to talk him out of playing this game, knowing in the back of my head we would have to drag that dumb thing around all day, is beyond me! 


We headed to the ride X-Flight because we were not going to leave without at least going on one roller-coaster ride.  Although it was cold, it was worth it.  So much fun!  We later discussed how funny it was that that was our first roller coaster ride together and we have been dated for almost a year and it happened in October.  Not very typical, but we're not very typical.

After we rode X-Flight we decided that since it was Fright Fest we wanted to go to the haunted houses.  Of course we had to pay an extra $20 a piece just to be able to enter these haunted houses.  That's a total rip off since we already paid so much just for tickets to enter the theme park, but having fun together is priceless so I can't complain too much.  We went to three different haunted houses and of course got the bejesus scared out of us.  We're both not the bravest individuals and it doesn't take much at all to scare us.  Judging from the nightmares I had last night, I think these haunted houses were pretty awesome though!

Necropolis was by definitely the scariest of all the haunted houses.
We decided to go on one more roller coaster before we left Fright Fest and The Raging Bull was the winner.  It's apparently the fastest roller coaster and judging from the snot that was flying out of my nose (gross but true) the whole time, I think it's true.  After this roller coaster we were both hungry and cold so we left and went to Timothy O'Toole's Pub down the street to enjoy a couple of beers, some food, and of course warmth.  

It was a long day but we had fun and the good part about it being so cold was that we didn't have to wait in any lines at all or worry about avoiding crowds of people.  

This isn't a picture I took but this is the front entrance at Fright Fest.


Vinnie and I trying to get out of the cold waiting for the hypnotist show.

Now I'll leave you with an OOTD (I think that's what they call it in blog world).  This is what I'm wearing to work today:
 
Dress: Old Navy, Boots: American Eagle, Necklace: Ebay

Now let's hope this week goes by fast and I can stay healthy for the weekend festivities!

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment