Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Spicy Chicken!

Hiya Hump Day!  I always enjoy myself a nice hump day!



Yesterday work was suuuuper busy and that's not normal for my day job.  I usually have quite a bit of downtime, so I was really glad to have the night off.  I bought groceries because I was going to have to eat my arm that night if I didn't, and of course I spent waaaay too much money.  The number 1 rule of grocery shopping is to not go grocery shopping when you're hungry.  Oh well, we are stocked to the brim now.  When I got home I had time to put groceries away and watch one episode of Gossip Girl before putting in a load of laundry and starting dinner.  I usually use a recipe when cooking dinner but last night I was feeling adventurous so I made up my own recipe.  I was kind of nervous about it, but it turned out extremely well (if I do say so myself).  I was in the mood for something spicy so I ended up making a spicy sauce to serve on chicken breasts.

Tarah's Spicy Chicken (original name I know)

Ingredients:

2 Chicken breasts
1/2 c sliced banana peppers
1/2 c sliced jalapenos
1/2 can diced tomatoes (to make it spicier I used medium spicy diced tomatoes that had green chile peppers in them)
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup
2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese  
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder 
1 tsp onion powder

Directions:

Season the chicken breasts with chili, garlic, and onion powders on both sides.

For the sauce, combine banana peppers, jalapenos, and diced tomatoes in a small frying pan on med-high heat.  Cook for a few minutes.  Add shredded cheese and cream of mushroom soup.  Season with powders.

Sautee chicken breasts for about 4 minutes on each side (depending on the size of breast).  Add sauce and continue cooking for a couple more minutes on each side until chicken is done.  Season to liking.

* I didn't actually measure out any of the ingredients so I'm guessing at the measurements but I think these are pretty close.  If you don't like things really spicy you might want to add more cheese and soup because this sauce was really spicy.  

Not a good pic but they only one I took.





It was really easy to make and really delicious!  You might want to make sure you have a glass of milk while eating this though, it was really spicy.

The rest of the night consisted of Marley, Vinnie, and Breaking Bad.  Successful Tuesday night.


Happy puppy!


There's Marley.  Gossip Girl on in the back obvi!

That's a vodka/tonic in my festive halloween cup. And Marley's possessed eyes in the background eek.
 

P.S. It's finally looking like Fall in Chicago :)



XO. Tarah
 

No comments:

Post a Comment