Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloweekend!

Prayers to everyone who has been affected by Hurricane Sandy.  She's a big 'ol bitch!



Both pictures are from google and are of New York.  The top one is at ground zero, the construction site of the World Trade Center.  I'm thanking my lucky stars that I am in the midwest and not over on the east coast.  We have even been affected by the hurricane (although obviously not nearly as bad).  In Chicago they are expecting 33 mph winds and crazy huge waves in Lake Michigan.  

Even though it's Tuesday I'm going to go ahead and do a weekend recap today.  I had a really good weekend.  Friday night I had to work so that night wasn't that fun.  Saturday morning Vinnie and I got up and went on the Chicago Brew Bus Tour.  This was a present from him for my birthday!  We started out at Goose Island Brewery.

Found this picture on google.
This was by far the biggest brewery that we went to that day.  I really wish we could've done a tour here.  I've heard touring that brewery is pretty legit.  We got to try 4 different beers here.

Beers we tried.

After tasting these beers and chatting about beer for about an hour, we headed to the Brew Bus and left for our second destination - Haymarket.

Image found on google.
This was a smaller, newer brewery in Chicago.  We were here for the longest amount of time so we ordered food.  Vinnie and I ordered the pretzels which were decent but I've definitely had better.  The 2 different mustards they served with it was not my favorite, and I love mustard.  The cheese served with it was delicious though!  We tried 4 different beers here too.  We also got to go on a brewery tour here.  That was pretty cool, even though it was a smaller brewery.  I've worked in several breweries so I know the process pretty well but it's always fun to hear about it at a different place because all of their processes are a little different.

Vinnie and I at Haymarket!

A couple of our little beers.
Our third and final stop was Moonshine.  It's more of an edgy, urban brewery in Chicago.  I think this might have been my favorite place because the whole place was really open and had a great vibe.  I would love to go back there to eat sometime.  We got to try 7 different beers at this place.  Although they were little, we were still kind of feeling it by the time we left.

image from Google.
Our beer flights.

I don't know what my hair is doing here!

View of the place from where we were sitting.

After Moonshine, we got back on the bus and headed back to Goose Island where we had parked our car.  The Brew Bus Tour was definitely a fun time!  If I did it again I would go a little bit later in the day though.  I think 11:30 am might be a little too early for me to start drinking.  We met some pretty nice people who were doing the tour too.  2 couples from Kentucky (loved their accents) and a mom and dad from Atlanta visiting their son who lives in Chicago.  I recommend the Chicago Brew Bus if you live in Chicago or if you're visiting!

When we got home we both napped for about an hour (I'm a terrible day drinker) before I had to get up and get ready for work that night.  Since it was the Saturday before Halloween (aka Halloweekend) I dressed up for work.  I didn't want to spend money on an outfit so I ended up just wearing my 80's attire that I wore last year for a 80's theme night we had at the bar I worked at.  I went all out for that theme night so my outfit was pretty rad (they said rad in the 80's right?) and I was really happy I got to wear all of that again.  I didn't get a very good picture of my outfit but I tried!

My sweet hair.

Picture taken in the bathroom of the bar I work at.

Pleather skirt, teal tiger stripped spandex pants, hot pink leg warmers, black vans.
We were pretty busy with it being Halloweekend and all so I didn't get home until pretty late.  Needless to say, I slept in late on Sunday.  Vinnie went to the Bears game so when I finally dragged myself out of bed I had to watch the game all by myself (well and with Marley of course).

Sunday morning Bears, Bloody Mary, and cupcake breakfast.
Please don't judge the way I look.  Me and Marley are obviously both very sleepy still.


Marley doing what he loves...looking out the window.

Vinnie's view of the game. So jealous!
I got all caught up on laundry (which my bedroom floor thanked me for) and when Vinnie got home from the game we went and got pumpkins (we finally found a place that still had some after calling 3 different stores!) and carved our little hearts out.  I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was about 11 years old so to say I was frustrated is an understatement.  I broke my carving tool and ended up using a steak knife but some how my pumpkin still turned out pretty good!

Vinnie's pumpkin is the bat creature thing and mine is the witch.
I would say my Halloweekend was a successful combination of drinking lots of beers, dressing up in 80's attire, Bears (who won again!), and carving pumpkins.

How was your Halloweekend?!

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment