Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Currently I am...

Currently I am...

Reading: I am not currently reading anything because I just finished reading "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn.  This book got super addictive.  I had really high expectations for the ending so I think it let me down a little bit but still a book worth reading!


Thinking about: What a magnificent birthday I had yesterday and how the whole day went by way too fast.  I got the most beautiful flowers sent to my work from Vinnie (complete with a little teddy bear and chocolates).  My day didn't start out too great because the water pressure in my shower wasn't right so I started my day with a terribly long shower because the water was dripping out.  Not to mention, my shower was screaming at me the whole time.  I was pissed and had a headache.  It was gloomy out all morning, which didn't help my mood, but those beautiful flowers really brightened my day.  The sun finally came out at the end of the day just in time for me to enjoy it on my drive home.  I got a phone call from my sister and she had my niece and nephew sing 'Happy Birthday' to me.  I almost cried it was so cute!  They are precious, those little voices are adorable.  Vinnie took me to Wildfire for dinner and it was soooo good.  Best meal I've had in a while.  And then we stopped in Barcito (felt like we were in Barcelona, or a dream) for an after dinner drink and ONE birthday shot.  This girl is never doing more than one shot in a night ever again (at least for now).  It was seriously one of the best birthdays I've ever had.

Loving: my amazing boyfriend.  He really outdid himself yesterday.  Also, this amazing weather!  Yesterday it was over 70 degrees when I left work.  I wore a skirt and a sweater out to dinner last night (no coat needed).  Today it's a high of 77 degrees (currently 68).  I don't know what is going on with the weather (thank you global warming?) but I am loving it!  It's usually about 30 degrees around this time of the year in Illinois.  I would like to think that the weather Gods decided to make it nice for my birthday week because next week the highs are back in the 40's.  I've also gotta say that I'm loving the pumpkin spice coffee that I bought from Dunkin Donuts.  I've been drinking it every morning for the last month and it just never gets old.  Why does fall ever have to end???

Looking forward to: the weekend, for obvious reasons.  Saturday, Vinnie has something special planned for my birthday and I can't wait!  It might involve one of my favorite activities (drinking?? beer??).  I'm also really looking forward to next month because of Thanksgiving and me and Vinnie's one year anniversary.  I love Thanksgiving because I truly am extremely thankful for everything and everyone in my life.  And who can resist Thanksgiving food?!  My mouth is just watering thinking about it.  My whole family is finally going to be together for that day too!  I already have special plans for our anniversary.  Nothing big and exciting (like a trip to Cancun or a skydiving adventure) but we are going to have a lot of fun!


Wondering: what I'm going to cook first in my new crock pot!  I told you yesterday that I got a crock pot for my birthday from my parents and I truly am super excited to use it.  I haven't had time to prepare anything yet but I may or may not have pinned a website that has 72 amazing crock pot recipes last month just hoping that I would soon get a crock pot to make these delicious foods.  I'm also wondering what the hay I'm going to do for Halloween.  I love Halloween yet I don't have any plans for this year.  It's hard to plan something when your work schedule is every changing.  I probably won't know if I have to work on Halloween until this weekend and by that time it's probably going to be too late to plan anything.  I'm ok with carving pumpkins and watching scary movies that night.  Sounds alright to me!

Eating: well I just finished eating a granola bar but that's not exciting.  I am planning on eating my leftover coconut shrimp from Wildfire for lunch today though!  Now that is exciting because it was so so good last night!  I am happy that I almost never finish all of my food at restaurants and always have leftovers for the next day.  I haven't cooked or baked anything in a while so I've got some ideas in the works that I'm sure you will be hearing about.

Disliking: working so damn much, as usual.  It was so nice to have the whole weekend off plus the first 3 days of this week off as well, but you know I have to complain about something so here it goes:  I have to work Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night and that's going to suck.  But I spent way too much money celebrating birthdays last weekend so I do need to make up for it.  Plus, with Christmas only 61 days away I need to actually start thinking about spending money and buying lots of gifts.  Wow, 61 days is really not that many days!  So actually, I can't complain about working.  There just really isn't a lot to dislike in my life right now.  I guess I can dislike the ever-growing pile of dirty laundry and dirty dishes that just won't seem to wash themselves.  That is a dislike fooo shooo.



Happy About: I'm just happy about everything lately.  I'm happy that the Bears won on Sunday.  I'm happy I got to spend my birthday with my love.  I'm happy I got to see my parents and brother last weekend.  I'm happy that I survived the worst hangover of 2012.  I'm happy that I have one more night off tonight and we are finally going to watch some Breaking Bad.  In general, I'm just happy.

Excited About: This is getting a little redundant.  I'm excited about Breaking Bad tonight.  I'm also really excited about our plans on Saturday.  Thanksgiving, our anniversary, my day off Sunday.  There are exciting things in the future!

Welp, that was a long post with a lost of words but it was fun!

Happy Wednesday!

XO. Tarah

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment