Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Columbus Day!

In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.  In 2012, why don't I have today off of work to celebrate this?  Thanks Columbus, but sleeping in on a Monday would have been much appreciated today!  I mean banks are closed and kids get the day off from school so why is this day not considered a legally paid holiday?  Columbus is kind of a big deal and all!

Anyways enough of my little rant.  I don't mean to complain.  I am thankful for Christopher Columbus sailing the ocean and arriving in America.

 Alright and now for the weekend recap:

Friday night I worked all night (big surprise).  I got my haircut on Saturday and then worked late again that night.  Sunday I woke up not feeling so well and it might have something to do with deciding to stay after work on Saturday night to have a couple of drinks with my co-workers.  It was one of the girls I work with's last night at work because she's moving to Pennsylvania.  Forgetting that I am an extreme light weight now, I allowed myself to drink 2 whole beers and 2 whole shots, so I woke up feeling like shit.  Vinnie made breakfast and then we got cleaned up, took Marley for a walk, and left for the suburbs to visit his Aunt and Uncle and watch the Bears game with them.  After the game we went to his Mom's house to eat dinner with her and her boyfriend.  We got home around 10:30 pm and watched an episode of Breaking Bad (last episode of season 2!) before heading to bed.  So I had myself a nice little Sunday.  I took zero pictures because my whole weekend consisted of me looking like ass.

I used to be really sad on Mondays because my weekends go by so fast since all I really do is work.  I've recently tried to look at it differently so that I can make these depressing feelings go away.  I'm young right now and I can work really hard and get little sleep and still be ok.  I might as well work my ass off now while I can so that in the future I will have more time.  This pretty much sums it all up:

Have a lovely Monday!  And for those of you who are lucky enough to have the day off...go f*@! yourselves!  Haha I'm just kidding!

Happy Columbus Day!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment