Thursday, October 25, 2012

Birthday Weekend Celebration (followed by Hangover Sunday)

Happy Thursday!  I work tonight and tomorrow night so I'm actually not to fond of today but I'm sure everyone else is pretty happy to see Thursday roll around the corner.  Hello Thirsty Thursday!  Hello almost Friday!  Hello almost Weekend!  For me, when Thursday rolls around I'm like, Hello I have to work all day today and tomorrow!  Hello I have no life and no fun weekends ever!  Hello someone kill me I don't want to serve all of these bastards who have lives and fun weekends!  Can I say bastards on here?  Oh well, I'm not deleting that.  So clearly I'm salty about my life situation and the fact that I have to have 2 jobs just to keep my head above water.  P.S. most of this is sarcasm (kind of), I don't really hate my life that much!

Alright so I've finally decided to catch up and write about last weekend, aka - the weekend that I actually didn't have to work and I had a life!  It was birthday celebration weekend.  Me and Vinnie headed to Iowa around 9 pm on Friday night because he didn't get out of work until about 8.  We got there around midnight and pretty much went right to bed since it was late.  Saturday we got up and everyone had breakfast and coffee then my brother, my dad, and I all opened up presents.  We all have birthdays in the same week.  

That night we got ready and headed to Granite City Food and Brewery, which is just down the street from where my parents live.  I used to work at this restaurant a few years ago before I moved to Bloomington to go to ISU.  They have great beer and amazing food.  After dinner we went to Kelly's Pub, which is the Irish pub by my parents house that we always go to.  I got a little too excited about our birthdays and ordered way too many shots.  Sunday morning I woke up wanting to die and this feeling didn't go away until Monday morning.  Let's just say, this girl won't be marathon drinking anytime soon!  That was a really short recap of the birthday weekend but here are a few pictures to go along with it:

Dad, me, mom, Kiefer before dinner.

Kiefer and Myself - the birthday kids!

Vinnie Too-Cool and Me and Kelly's.  I love him :)

One of many shots consumed that night.

Oh you better believe my parents partake in shot-taking with us kids!

There were lots of other pictures that I am choosing not to put on here because, I'll be honest, I look terrible when I get to the blackout stage of my drunkness.  Nobody wants to see 12 pictures of Tarah sticking her tongue out and crossing her eyes because she thinks it's funny when she's drunk.  It's not funny, it's annoying and ugly.
 
By the way, that dress I'm wearing is kind of hard to see but it's from Questhaven and it is so cute and so cheap!  I love their website!  They have awesome clothes that you won't find anywhere else and they have amazing prices!  Go check them out!

As usual, I wish that weekend would have lasted longer.  I can't believe how fast time flies whenever I get to visit my family.  I wish we were closer and I wish that I had more time to see them!  I'll stop feeling sorry for myself (no I won't!).  

Real quick before I lose your attention, today is my dad's birthday.  He is the most amazing and wonderful man I have ever met in my whole life.  He supports and loves me through all of my ups and downs (and this year there have been a lot of those).  I would be lost without him!  Happy Birthday Dad!  You really are the best dad I could ever ask for!

  

Have a lovely day!  And if you're partaking in Thirsty Thursday tonight...go eff yourself!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment