Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cinco de Mayo Weekend

Hola!  Happy Tuesday!

This week is jam packed with work for me.  I'm working both of my jobs 3 days in a row.  But it is also a short week for me so I can't complain too much.  Also, I get to see my family this weekend because my little brother is graduating from college!  So I will endure this hectic week because I know it will be ending early with a lovely, family filled, stress-free weekend.

Since my weekends pretty much all look similar, I don't really know why I continue to recap them.  But, without further ado, here is my weekend:

Friday - work duh!

Saturday - I got my hair cut and my hair dresser who I've been going to now for a year told me she's quitting and going back to school to fulfill her dreams.  Good for her, bad for me!  Getting a good hair dresser in Chicago who doesn't charge a month's rent to take a little off the ends of my hair is like finding your contact that just fell out of your eyeball in a 90 ft deep pool...impossible!  I really like my hairdresser.  She was nice, not awkward at all, and always knew what to do to my hair.  Boo.  So, in 8 weeks I shall start the impossible task of finding my contact that fell out of my eyeball while diving into a 90 ft deep pool a new hairdresser that doesn't suck.  Oh and then Saturday night I worked, again, duh!

Sunday - Vinnie and I actually both had the whole entire day off.  BOTH OF US!  The last time that happened was when we went to Vegas last month, and that was obviously because we planned it.  So I slept in til noon (don't judge me, I worked until 3:30 am Saturday) while Vinnie got up at 7 am like a crazy golf obsessed person and went golfing.  By the time I got up, had some breakfast, and got ready for the day, Vinnie was just coming home from golfing.  Worked out perfectly.  We spent our day running errands at Home Depot and Target, like a lovely little couple.  We purchased our first grill.  Yes, it is a tiny, table top, charcoal grill, but we both couldn't be more excited to bust that thing out and cook hamburgers, hotdogs, kabobs, and anything else we can possibly think of to grill this summer.  We spent all of last summer without a grill so we made sure to jump on it this year and get one before it's even nice enough to grill outside yet.


We also got new toilet seats for our bathrooms but that's not quite as exciting so I won't share pictures.

When we got home I made Mexican Porkchops and we enjoyed a couple of Coronas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  Actually when we got home I went to make Mexican Porkchops because I had just bought all of the ingredients while we were out running errands but I realized I forgot a minor ingredient...the porkchops!  So I ran to the grocery store down the street to pick up porkchops...and tequila.


After letting our stomachs digest the massive amounts of Mexican food we just inhaled, we took Marley for a walk to Baskin Robbins and got some ice cream.  

Waiting for Vinnie to purchase the ice cream.

Then we walked home, ate ice cream, watched 'This is 40' which wasn't that good but I didn't hate it, had a tequila shot, and went to bed.  Nice little Sunday if I do say so myself.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo weekend!

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment