Thursday, May 23, 2013

Baked Red Pepper Cheesy Ravioli

Oh happy Thursday...as in I'm really freaking happy it's Thursday.  I've been told at least 8 different times today that this week is really flying by.  I do not agree.  I think it is crawling at a snail's pace.  Also, this weather is not helping.  It was 80 degrees just a few days ago and I was sweating sitting outside on my lunch break in a skirt and a tank top.  Today is 50 degrees, windy, and rainy.  I wore my North Face fleece and a scarf to work and debated on wearing mittens.  I also debated not going out for lunch with two of the girls I work with so that I didn't have to face the wind that makes Chicago the famous 'Windy City', but since they were going to get soup I couldn't say no.  I love me some soup...especially on a cold, gloomy day.

Before we get into an actual topic worth blogging about, I have to give a shout out to my one and only (aka my boyfriend, aka the man who will never read this blog).  We've been dating for exactly 1.5 years as of today.  I love him more and more every single day.


What a hunk.  Also, 1.5 years of dating = a lot of pictures.  And I thought I was lacking in the picture taking department.

Now for the more delicious part of this blog post, although this is debatable because my boyfriend is quite delicious if I do say so myself.  I definitely got lucky with not only a funny, sweet, and loving boyfriend but also with an extremely attractive boyfriend as well.  Alright, alright you get it, I love him.  I was in a cooking mood last week but didn't want to stumble out to the grocery store for ingredients so I decided to play the 'let's throw a bunch of shit together and hope it tastes good' game.  I had frozen cheese ravioli in my freezer and a jar of vodka sauce as well, so we were off to a good start.  If you knew me, you would know that I can't just put pasta and pasta sauce together and be satisfied.  I'm a little more complex than that.  After finding some ingredients I came up with something pretty delicious, which is why I am sharing it today.

Baked Red Pepper Cheesy Ravioli
by: the one and only TMizzle (first and last time I ever call myself by that name)




Ingredients:
1 Package of Cheese Ravioli
1 jar of pasta sauce (vodka sauce is what I used)
½ cup red pepper (diced)
1 cup shredded cheese (Parmesan is what I used)
1 tbsp onion salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp diced cilantro

Directions:
1.    Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook cheese ravioli according to directions on package.  Drain.
2.    Put a layer of pasta sauce on bottom of 8x8 casserole dish.  Layer some of the cooked ravioli on top of pasta.  Add a little bit of red pepper, shredded cheese, onion salt, chili powder, and red pepper flakes to top of pasta.  Add another layer of pasta sauce and repeat process until you run out of pasta.  Finish with ravioli on top.
3.    Add cilantro to final layer of ravioli along with spices.
4.    Cover pasta dish with foil and put it in the oven for 30-35 minutes.  You can take pasta out of oven and add more shredded cheese to the top with 10-15 minutes remaining.
5.    Take pasta out, remove foil,  let it cool, and enjoy!




So simple and so yummy in my tummy.  Also, just an FYI, I didn't measure any of the ingredients (as usual) so I'm just guessing on all of those measurements.  

And now I will leave you with an adorable Marley picture because, well, I'm obsessed with my dog.

  
XO. Tarah

 

1 comment:

  1. You and your boyfriend could win an award for being one of the best looking couples ever!

    Um, the ravioli looks SO good! And easy! My two favourite things. Definitely trying it!

    ReplyDelete