Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I'm Loving

Why hello Wednesday.  It's so nice to see you.  Is it just me or is this week kinda flying by?  I'm not complaining.  Tomorrow is the last day of February and all I can think about is spring time and warm weather.  Even though it's just around the corner, here in Chicago it is hard to think that it's coming anytime soon.  We got another few inches of snow yesterday so it's looking like winter more than ever.

Looking forward to beautiful flowers and baseball season
With warm weather on the way, I am also looking forward to transitioning from winter to spring and summer fashion.  It will be nice to star wearing only one layer instead of wearing multiple layers in hopes to keep warm on my walk into work.  Here are 5 ways to start transitioning into spring/summer fashion:

Pin

Why not get some more use out of your boots?  I personally love boots and that is my favorite part about the weather changing and becoming a little chillier in the fall, it means I get to dig my boots out and start wearing them.  I think this outfit is a perfect transition into spring fashion.   The thing about spring is that it begins to look warmer outside but it is actually still kind of cool (at least in Chicago).  This outfit looks springy but the boots and scarf will keep you a little warmer.
 
Pin

The colors in this dress and the bright blue color of the shoe definitely scream SPRING to me.  Pair it with a light sweater and you're all set!
Pin

I think this mint color is going to be pretty popular this spring season.  I know I've seen several things in this color that I'm dying to purchase.  This wedge is adorable and the color is perfect for spring, but it is close toed so it's not too summery and your tootsies won't get cold.

Pin

I'm loving this combination of mint and coral.  Both are awesome colors for the spring.  It doesn't hurt that the shirt is blooming with a beautiful floral print.  You definitely couldn't get a way with wearing such warm colors in the winter.  The off-white blazer will keep you warm in the chilly spring air and the nude heels are to die for!
 
Pin

Now this outfit is kind of pushing the limits as far as spring fashion is concerned, but I enjoy it.  Everything about it looks more like something you would wear in the fall and winter except for the shorts.  The black blazer, scarf, and booties are more fall items but the shorts are definitely spring/summer items.  I guess if you just can't wait to get those little short shorties out to show off your legs (if they're not translucent white after being hidden from the sun for months like mine) then more power to you!

And now I am depressed after seeing all of these images of spring fashion because today I am wearing the most wintery outfit you could probably find.  Sweater dress with a sweater over it, snowflake print leggings, and Uggs.  Oh well, at least I am warm.
 
While we're on the subject of things I love, wanna know what else I'm loving right now?  Jennifer Lawrence.  That's right...I'm hopping on the Jennifer Lawrence bandwagon.  I've liked her since I first saw the Hunger Games and since one of the first interviews I ever saw her give because she just talked about how hungry she was.  She's definitely not your typical Hollywood actress, she's awesome.  Even if she wasn't famous she would still be awesome but that's why she's so cool, because she acts like she isn't 22 years old and the hottest thing in Hollywood right now.  Oh not to mention, her acting skills...not too shabby either.  Read this article and you will be jumping on the Jennifer Lawrence (or stalking the shit out of her) too.

Will you please be my BFF?
Ok so now I guess I'm expecting all of the snow to melt tomorrow and for Jennifer Lawrence to come find me so that we can go shopping for spring and bond over milkshakes like BFF's are supposed to.  Hey, a girl can dream right?

XO. Tarah

Linking up for Random Wednesday and Oh, How Pinteresting

P.S. Wanna follow me on Pinterest? You should click here! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment