Thursday, February 21, 2013

Endorphins make me HAPPY!

Hiiiiii!

So I just realized that today is Thursday.  It's 12:30 in the afternoon right now and this whole time I have been living today thinking that it was Wednesday.  That's a pretty dang good mistake in my book because we are only one day away from the weekend, not 2.  Basically, what I'm trying to say is: Happy Thursday dudes!

I was having a pretty blah blah day yesterday.  Work was dragging, the salad I brought for lunch didn't satisfy my hunger, and I thought I was going to freeze to death on the walk from work to my car.  My energy level was also super low.  I got home and just wanted to spend the rest of the night parked on the couch with Marley and a blanket (and maybe a couple of glasses of wine) but then I realized that was exactly how I spent my Tuesday night and I refused to spend 2 nights in a row being a lazy ass.  I forced myself to go to the gym and I had a really awesome workout.  When I got home from the gym I felt energized and happy (hello endorphins!).  


I then decided to watch 'Pitch Perfect' for the second night in a row and treat myself to a yummy protein shake.  If you haven't seen Pitch Perfect yet all I can say is, GO RENT IT...right now.  It is hilarious.  


Seriously though, the whole cast had me dying.  Also, I'm not much of a Glee/any kind of singing show or movie fan but the music and the singing in this movie was pretty fab as well.  I'm probably going to watch it again tonight.  

I even made myself dinner last night.  I usually only cook when Vinnie doesn't have to work and is home all night.  I am satisfied with a quick sandwich or some mac and cheese for dinner, Vinnie is not.  My man has an appetite and, from what he tells me, he loves my cooking.  If I didn't live with Vinnie, I might never cook.  I pinned a recipe for 'Melt in Your Mouth Chicken' a few weeks ago, mostly because the recipe was extremely easy and it contains ingredients that almost everyone has around the house all the time.  I decided to make it last night because, like I just said, I had all of the ingredients and it is extremely easy, oh and it looks delicious too.

Original Pin

Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder


Directions:
 
1 Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings.
2 Spread mixture over chicken breast and place in baking dish.
3 Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
3 step directions?  That's my kind of meal.  It was pretty delicious too.  Kind of plain, but you have to kind of expect that with only 5 ingredients.  Mine didn't look quite as delicious as the picture above but it tasted just as delicious as that one looks, and I'm also not a professional food photographer so my skills might be lacking a little there.

iPhone pictures are my forte
My oven tends to cook things a little faster than most but I only cooked these little chickys for about 36 minutes and I'm glad I checked on them when I did.  Nobody likes burnt chicken (unless you're a weirdooo).

The rest of my night consisted of a long, hot shower, a glass of moscato, and some Marley snuggles.  And then my boyfriend finally got home from work and replaced poor Marley with the snuggles.  Sorry Mar, Vinnie cuddles win.

Tonight will probably be almost identical to last night since Vinnie has to work yet again.  Gym, laundry, dishes, wine, tv and snuggle time with Marley.  Sounds boring, but it's a good life people.

On a totally random note, don't you love when you match your whole outfit (including your unmentionables) without even trying?  I realized when I took a bathroom break today at work that my whole outfit, including my undies and even socks, match perfectly.  Today is obviously going to be a great day (minus the 5 inches of snow in the forecast for Chicago tonight).  Whoops, did I just cross the line for sharing too much?
 
Obviously linking up with Katie and Steph today for another edition of SPD.
 
 

Have a happy NOT WEDNESDAY, but Thursday!

XO. Tarah
 
 
  

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks so good and easy. Thanks for sharing.
    Stopping by from SPD linkup.

    ReplyDelete