Monday, February 11, 2013

Why Aren't Weekends Longer?!

How is it already Monday?  Seriously, I feel like yesterday was just Friday.  I know I always say that the weekend flies by (doesn't everyone say this?) but this weekend literally feels like it didn't even exist!  Why aren't weekends longer?!  The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the age-old "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?" question:


How many people now have that terrible Lil Kim song stuck in their head?  Just me?  Ok, cool.

Well, like most of my weekends, this weekend was pretty lame.  I worked Friday night, slept in Saturday morning, skipped going to the gym and chose to sit on the couch and watch movies with my roomie all day Saturday, and then worked Saturday night.  

Sunday I got up and decided to be productive.  After some breakfast and coffee, I went to the gym and did an intense elliptical workout, lifted some free weights, did some squats, and some abs.  Today my thighs and butt are screaming at me, but it's a good screaming.  I then made a quick Target trip and was very proud of myself for sticking to my guns and not breaking the 'No Spend February' rule I've created for myself.  I even made myself put back the pair of yoga pants I had picked up and put in the cart.  Good job Tarah.  Of course I still ended up spending an assload of money on cutsie Valentine's Day stuff but none of it was for me.  It was all for Vinnie, my roommate, and Marley of course.  And of course I forgot to buy dog food for Marley, which is one of the main reasons I went there in the first place.

When I got home I decided to continue with my productive day by doing some laundry and making the Peanut Butter Chip Heart Cookies that I just talked about here on Friday.



I have to admit, they turned out quite well and taste so so good!

When Vinnie got home from work we both showered and got ready and went out for a...wait for it...DATE NIGHT!  We haven't had a date night in like a zillion years so I was super excited.  We went to a place called Copper House because it was close to home and they have TVs so we knew they would be playing the Blackhawks game.  We didn't know that it would be completely dead (4 other customers in the whole place) and that they would be playing some weird ass old school (I'm talking terrible acting, black and white old) movie on one of their TVs.  The movie was called "Carnival of Souls" and it had to be made in 1950.  Of course they decided to play the sound to this movie instead of the sound to the Blackhawks game so we were terribly distracted.  But they were really nice and they food and beers we had ended up being pretty delicious also.  Our waitress even gave us a couple of tasty shots before we left.  I think she started to feel bad because it was clear that we were trying to watch the game and pretty strange that they were playing a 1950's horror movie.


When we got home we took the blankets that I had just washed out of the dryer, made a couple of Crown Royal Maple/cokes (have you tried crown royal maple? so effing good), and watched some tv with Marley.


I love this dog but literally 10 minutes after I took this adorable picture, he jumped down because he wanted to play and then realized we weren't going to play with him so he shot back up onto me, spilling my drink all over my white sweater and all over the fresh, clean blankets that I had just pulled out of the dryer.  I was pissed, to say the least.  He made up for it when we all went to bed and he cuddled up with us.

And now it's Monday, I'm falling asleep at my desk (typical), and I've blabbed on for far too long. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week with fresh, clean blankets that don't smell like maple syrup and coke!



XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment