Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Last Minute Valentine's Day for Two

Valentine's Day is tomorrow.  I love Valentine's Day, but I pretty much love every holiday.  Also, I just really love LOVE.  It might only be because I already have the man of my dreams who makes me happy when skies are grey, either way I still love love.  


We don't really feel the need to make extravagant plans for Valentine's Day mostly because we both prefer staying at home, watching tv in our pajamas instead of getting all fancied up and going out for the night.  Don't get me wrong, sometimes getting all dolled up, going out, and waiting for others to serve us can be quite nice.  We didn't really make plans for Valentine's Day this year because Vinnie was supposed to work and wouldn't be home until pretty late.  So originally we thought we could go out for a late celebratory drink or dessert.  It turns out that Lady Gaga is cancelling her concerts in Chicago tonight and tomorrow night so Vinnie unexpectedly has the night off.  But instead of braving the crowds and having to wait an hour for a table (obvi we didn't make a reservation) I have decided to cook a little dinner for us so that we can enjoy the night together in our cozy apartment with our little fur monster (Marley, duh!).  

So now I'm kind of scrambling around for ideas for what to cook tomorrow night.  Luckily I have the night to go grocery shopping and to come up with something delicious.  If you're like me and you're planning on making something for an intimate Valentine's Day for two, I found some cute ideas.



This website gives you a pretty simple, but cute, three course meal complete with a delicious dessert.  Definitely a good idea for anyone who doesn't have a lot of time to plan and cook an extravagant meal.


You can find the recipe for these yummy looking Valentine's Day Mini Cheesecakes along with a bunch of other Valentine's Day treats DIY projects.


Don't have time to go out and buy a last minute card?  Make one by printing out this Valentine's Day print.  You can use this print for several Valentine's Day crafts as it shows you on this website!


Do you want to serve a Valentine's themed cocktail with the dinner you're making tomorrow night?  This drink featured on The Daily Dish's blog looks (and probably tastes) awesome!  It's a pomegranate champagne punch.  I'm definitely thinking about debuting this little number tomorrow night for our Dinner!


Wanna be really sweet (and really embarrassing) and make your sweetie a Valentine's themed lunch?  Here's 10 ideas for Valentine's Day lunches.  We all know I won't be doing this since I can't wake up early to save my life, plus I don't often feel like being nice for the first couple of hours that I am awake in the morning.  Sorry Vinnie.


And if it comes down to it and you don't feel like doing a damn thing for Valentine's Day (AKA you're single or not able to be with your significant other and you feel like stuffing your face with ice cream and crying for a couple of hours) just watch this movie.  Also, remember that tomorrow night is the one night that you should be allowed to make your boyfriend/fiance/husband watch a sappy, girly movie.  It's Valentine's Day, he can't say no (but he'll probably try).

Alright and now I'm feeling all kinds of inspiration to make tomorrow a lovely day for my special Valentine :)  

But enough of the mushiness.  By the way, I haven't always loved Valentine's Day.  One year it ended up being a really terrible day for this girl.  My freshman year of high school.  My first boyfriend I ever had (also my first kiss and the first guy I thought I loved, emphasis on thought) broke up with me on Valentine's Day.  I got a dozen roses from him delivered to my house (first time I ever received roses) and then he called me 2 hours later and broke up with me.  Talk about a mind fuck.  Don't worry, we got back together a couple of weeks later when he was another girl's date to the MORP (prom backwards) dance.  Oh yea, he left that girl for me mid-dance.  And then obviously we proceeded to break up and then get back together for the next 4 years.

Welp, you have it all in this post.  A little mushy love stuff, some last minute Valentine ideas, and a little bad Valentine's Day story.  You're welcome!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment