Thursday, February 7, 2013

SPD: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

First and foremost, who's glad that it's Thursday?  I know I am!  I've been sleeping like crap but all I want to do is sleep because the weather is so gross in Chicago right now.

Cold, snowy, gloomy walk to work everyday.
I'm definitely looking forward to having the weekend to cuddle up in my warm, cozy instead of being woken up by an alarm at 6 am!

Now, on to more important things!  I mentioned a couple of weeks back that I had made Hawaiian BBQ Chicken in my crock pot and how delicious it was.  I also mentioned how I was going to give the super easy recipe later in that week.  Welp, somebody never remembered to do that.  So, today I am linking up with Steph and Katie for the 'Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.'



Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

Original Pin

Ingredients:
4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts (mine were still frozen!)
1 Bottle Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce (from Target)
1 20 oz. can Pineapple Chunks, drained
Directions:
Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray for an easy cleanup!  Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with sauce.  Empty can of drained pineapple chunks on top.  Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-6 hours.  Shred chicken with two forks while still in the crock pot so the chicken will be well coated with sauce.  Serve over rice.

*Sometimes I also throw in a chopped up green pepper and chopped onion . . . it tastes good with or without it. 

Seriously, this is so easy.  Only 3 ingredients, thrown in the crockpot for a few hours and *poof* you have a delicious meal.  It's almost magical (hence the *poof*).  It's even easier than making Mac and Cheese.


 
So there you have it.  Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ chicken...easy and delicious.  The next time you're at Target (which if you're like me will be today after work) pick up a bottle of Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce so that the next time you're feeling lazy you can throw these ingredients in the crockpot and prepare for your mouth to water as you smell it start to cook.

What would we do without Pinterest?  I know I would be eating a lot more macaroni and cheese...

XO. Tarah

2 comments:

  1. First, crock pots are the best invention ever and second this looks delish! In total agreement with you on what would we do without pinterest? Best invention ever!

    ReplyDelete