Friday, March 1, 2013

I Slipped and I Fell on Friday

Happy Friday Friends!  I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow morning!

A couple of interesting things have happened to me today, let me tell you about them.  First, on my drive to work I noticed the car in front of me had a pretty sweet license plate.


If you can't read it, it says 'PMP JCE 2'.  Yep, pimp juice 2.  Immediately started singing the song 'Pimp Juice' by Nelly circa 2003.  I wish I could've seen the guy who was driving this car so I could be like 'hey so the decision to get that sweet ass license plate back in 2003 to put on your awesome Honda Civic is really biting you in the ass now isn't it?!'  Or maybe he still enjoys his pimp juice license plate and that's why he hasn't gotten a new one in 10 years.  Either way, that made me smile.  Oh Nelly, whatever happened to you?

Well, about 30 minutes later I think karma came around and bit me in the ass for making fun of this person.  I parked my car and started on my long walk in to work.  I took 2 steps, hit a huge patch of ice, and was laying on my back in the street before I could say 'what goes around, comes around'.  Seriously, it probably looked like a scene from a movie.  My legs flew up from under me and I hit the ground, hard.  I popped right back up and looked around immediately and luckily nobody else was around to witness this embarrassing fall.  My jeans were soaking wet all morning, part of the heel sole of my boot is missing, I've definitely got bruises, and I felt like a jack ass.  But, it could've been worse.  At least I didn't hit my head on the ground and knock myself out.  

Vinnie and I went out on Wednesday night for a date night.  We both work a lot so we don't get to spend much time together anymore.  We both happened to have Wednesday night off so we took full advantage of it and went to Olive Garden.  Mmmm salad, breadsticks, pasta, wine...my mouth is watering just remembering it.  We stopped by a little hole in the wall bar before going home that had great specials and was quiet enough for us to chat, catch up, and gaze lovingly into each others eyes (I'm only half kidding about the last part because Vinnie does have beautiful eyes that I like to gaze into).  We had quite a few drinks but were still home and passed out in bed by 11 am.  I only had a slight headache the next morning too which was nice since I, the light weight, was expecting to feel like garbage all day.  


Last night I went to the gym after work, did some laundry, had a glass of wine, showered, and went to bed early.  Vinnie got home from work kind of late and I was already all snuggled up in bed.  He wasn't ready to go to bed yet so he came in to give me a kiss and then go play video games.  I have a bad habit of forgetting to take my earrings out before I get into bed and when this happens, I take them out and hand them to Vinnie, who is usually laying next to me, because he sleeps next to the nightstand so he puts them on the nightstand so that I don't lose them.  Well last night I was laying in bed and he was standing up next to my side of the bed talking to me about his day.  I realized I was wearing my earrings so I started to take them out.  Before I could even say anything, Vinnie put his hand out so that I could give him my earrings.  He then walked over and put my earrings away for me.  I smiled at him and said 'you're the best'.  He didn't even realize what he had just done.  I know it sounds really lame but it's the little things he does that really make my heart happy.  How did I get so lucky?

Have a wonderful weekend!  Oh, and happy March!!!  Praying for warm weather!

XO. Tarah


 

No comments:

Post a Comment