Friday, February 22, 2013

Carnivale!

5 things that make me happy:

1. It's Friday, no explanation needed.

2. Although it snowed kind of a lot over night, it didn't take me 4 hours to commute to work and I was even a few minutes early.  It's also socially acceptable to wear Ugg boots (in my eyes) when it snows.  Yes, I am that girl.  I like my Ugg boots, they are warm.

3. I bought skittles out of a skittle dispensing machine today at lunch.  Did you know this existed?  Amazing!

$3 well spent
4.  I went to the gym 2 days in a row.  Knock, knock...who's there?  Oh, hello Motivation!  I didn't expect to see you anytime soon!  Where the hell have you been?

5. It's almost the end of February, which means it's almost March, which means it's almost Spring, which means warm weather is just around the corner (says the girl who had to wipe 3 feet of snow off of her car this morning)!

As you can see, I am pretty easy to please.  Little things can really brighten my day.  Little things can also really ruin my day.  You know that saying 'Don't sweat the small stuff'?  I sweat profusely from the small stuff.  I'm talking eyebrow, upper lip, armpit sweat.  Anyways enough about sweating.

So remember how my parents came to visit me like, oh, 3 weeks ago?  Well, we had a really good weekend and I totally forgot to share about it.  Therefore, I am going to share about it now.  They came to visit me the first weekend in February.  I love my parents and I really love when they come visit because I definitely don't see them nearly as often as I would like to.  They planned on getting in to Chicago early Saturday morning but they ended up leaving late and the weather wasn't the greatest (and my mom, like me, takes forever to get ready) so they ended up getting to my apartment later in the afternoon.

When they finally got to my place, we all sat around the kitchen table and did what we always do when they come to visit.  Got all caught up on each others lives while sipping on a couple of beverages.  One of my favorite things to do with my parents whenever we're together is literally just to sit around with a beer and talk.  We could talk for hours.  I will never get sick of spending quality time with them.  We had early reservations to a restaurant downtown (5:00 is early for me) so we all got freshened up and headed out.

We had dinner at Carnivale.  

image from google images

This place was awesome.  I literally felt like we were at a ballroom in Argentina, not a restaurant in Chicago.  It was restaurant week in Chicago when we went here, so they had a special menu.  We decided not to order from the special menu though.  Our food was all really good and the drinks we had were delicious as well.  I'm normally not one to order a specialty drink off of the menu when I'm at a restaurant but I figured, why not?  'When in Rome' right?  

Our drinks

Vinnie's food.  He got some seafood thing and I wished I had ordered it!

<3

:)
After dinner we were going to go somewhere else to have drinks but since we ate early, it was prime dinner time when we got done so we decided to just go back to my apartment and have a couple of drinks there.  More quality time.  We lounged on the couch with Marley and after a few drinks, some stories shared, and lots of laughter we all headed to bed.  I'm so thankful that we have such a big apartment with an extra bedroom so that my parents have enough room to stay with us when they come visit.  

Sunday morning Vinnie had to work so he got up early and left.  My parents and I got up later and had some coffee and breakfast and hung out a little longer until they had to hit the road and get back home.  I always have so much fun with them when they come visit and I wish these visits happened more often.  Working a second job on the weekends makes it hard to see my family as much as I would like to.  I'm hoping that one of these days, sooner rather than later, I won't have to have a second job and I will be able to make lots of trips to visit my friends and family.  But until then, I cherish the time that we do spend together.  My parents are talking about making plans to come visit me in a few weeks with my brother (who I see even less than them) and I'm really hoping that works out.  

I wish instead of working tonight and tomorrow night I was drinking tasty drinks, eating delicious food, and laughing until I cry with my parents but hey, a girl's gotta get paid.  I got bills yo!  Anyways, if you're ever in Chicago and looking for a place to eat, I definitely recommend Carnivale.  It was such an exciting environment!

Hope you all have a rowdy weekend!  Make sure you drink one (or 7) for this working girl!

XO. Tarah 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment