Monday, August 20, 2012

St. Louis Weekend Adventures!

Oh what a GREAT weekend I had...but I can't believe how fast it flew by!  Is it seriously already Monday again?!?  Am I seriously already back to the grind, working my little booty off again?!?

Ahh, oh well!  So I left work early on Friday so that we could try to beat traffic out of Chicago for our 5 hour drive to St Louis.  I had to get my haircut at 2 (and by had to I mean my hair was screaming at me because it needed to be cut so bad!) and that took a little bit longer than I imagined it would so I didn't get back home til around 3 and then we had to take Marley to Doggie Daycare because we were boarding him for the weekend since we were staying in a hotel.  Let me tell you, I was a nervous wreck leaving my little baby for the whole weekend!!!  Anyways, by the time we dropped Marley off we were hungry so we had to go through the Taco Bell drive through.  So we didn't really get on the road until around 4:30, therefore we definitely hit rush hour traffic and it took us closer to 6 hours to actually get to my brother's apartment where we were staying for the night.  But we finally made it and my parents were already there so we had a couple of drinks and then hit the sack.  

Saturday morning we all woke up and took turns getting ready.  My brother's apartment is a little one bedroom apartment with one little bathroom so it took a while for 5 people to get ready.  Then we headed to the hotel that we were staying at that night.  We were going to the Cardinals game and it started at 3.  We couldn't check into our hotel until 3 so we just had a couple of pre-game drinks at the hotel before we headed over to the game.

 Me and Vinnie at the hotel.

My family :)

Spicy cheeseburgers shots that Vinnie, Kiefer, and I had to try before the game.  It was Stoli Pepper vodka, tequila, and zing zang bloody mary mixI don't know where the cheeseburger part came in because these just tasted like a shot of spicy bloody maryI enjoyed them but Vinnie (hates bloody marys) did not!


At the game, our seats were pretty high but the view was awesome!

Our view!

<3



Vinnie went to get hotdogs and I went to the bathroom.  When I came out Kiefer was sitting at the table watching our drinks.  I just thought it was hilarious that he was sitting my himself with 5 full drinks in front of him!  Haha

Yummy!  Ballpark hotdog!





The Cardinals won!!!! Yay!


 Even though Vinnie is a Cubs fan, he still enjoyed his first experience at Busch Stadium!

So after the game we went back to the hotel so that we could check into our room then headed out to Morgan Street Brewery for some dinner.  After dinner we had another drink at the hotel then headed up to our room and watched a movie before heading to bed.  It was a long day and we were all exhausted.  
Celebrating the Cardinals win with shots of Rumchata back at the hotel to end the night!


We had to get going pretty much right after we woke up on Sunday because we had to pick Marley up in Chicago at 6.  So we all said our good-byes then Vinnie and I were on the road again.  Luckily traffic wasn't bad and we picked Marley up around 5:30.  They said he was very good and had a lot of fun playing with the other dogs so I was relieved and happy to see my little monster!  

Me and Vinnie ended up going to the driving range later that night where we hit a few golfballs then came home, made cheeseburgers and mac & cheese for dinner, drank a 6 pack of Stella, watched a couple episodes of Breaking Bad, then called it a night.  I slept like a log until I was awaken by my alarm clock this morning rudely reminding me that it was Monday and I had to go to work once again :(  So here I am, sitting back at my desk, after a busy, fun-filled weekend with my family and my love!

Hope you all had a great weekend too!  Happy Monday :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment