Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Time to Organize!

Hello!  



Happy Hump Day!  Although today is Wednesday, which marks the middle of the work week, it is actually the start to my Hell week.  I work my other job (part time job my ass!) from tonight through Saturday night.  So quite frankly, I am praying to get through this week alive!  Thankfully, I have Sunday and Monday off and then start vacation on Thursday!

This countdown is currently on my desktop at work helping me get through my days here and reminding me that vacation is just around the corner!  I've been reading posts from lots of bloggers who are going on these awesome vacations and I must say, I am very jealous.  I am not taking a real vacation trip to any tropical island or beautiful resort.  Most of my vacation time will be spend in good ole' Davenport, Iowa visiting my lovely parents.  

Even the Iowa state line looks boring.

 Iowa is boring, but I could not be more excited to go visit them.  I am spending 4 whole days with them and I don't remember the last time I have spent more than 2 consecutive days with them (seriously, it's been at least 3 years).  I know they are planning some things for us to do but, honestly I wouldn't care one bit if we spent all 4 days sitting on their back porch having a few drinks made by my favorite bartender (mom).  It may not be a big exciting trip but I will enjoy it more than anything.

Ok, so last night was my only night off this whole week so me and Vinnie wanted to spend it doing something besides laying on the couch together all night.  We ended up making a quick dinner (a target frozen lasagna dinner for 2, hey I didn't feel like cooking!) when I got home from work then we went to the driving range.  I can say that I definitely get better every time I go to the driving range but I still get frustrated and for this, I'm sorry Vinnie!  He is always so patient with me because he knows I get super frustrated if I'm not perfect.  I'm way  to competitive (can't help it!).  But he still always helps me and doesn't refuse to go with me, which is one of the many reasons I love him soooo much! 

After we hit a bucket of balls we went to Baskin Robbins and got ice cream.  I debated getting 2 scoops but Vinnie, knowing me better than I know myself as usual, reminded me that I can never finish that much ice cream.  One scoop of peanut butter chocolate ice cream was perfect!  Then we hurried home because somebody (you can guess who) had to participate in an online fantasy football draft at 9:30 pm.  I of course fell asleep in Vinnie's lap while he intensely drafted his football team for an hour.  Although I do love football this fantasy shit is not exciting for me at all.  But Vinnie was satisfied with his team so when he's happy, I'm happy :)  Since I'm an old lady and fall asleep at 10 pm now-a-days, we went to lay in bed and watch an episode of Friends (our nightly routine) before we went to sleep for the night.

So, now that I've put you all to sleep with my boring Iowa vacation/boring Tuesday night details let's talk about something fun...like...organization!!!  Haha ok so I really must be an old lady because organization gets me excited!  Well I've been thinking about my vacation time that is coming up and even though the time off is going to be really nice and I plan on relaxing a lot, I've also decided that I don't want to lay around and be lazy the whole time.  I'm planning on cleaning and organizing my apartment during my time off.  I'm not super messy, but I'm not very organized either.  I pretty much know where everything is but sometimes it takes me some time to find it.  I'm going to mostly organize the guest bedroom in our apartment, the bathroom closet, my closet, and a few other odds and ends.

For the bathroom:






It's mostly the closet that I want to organize.  We have a lot of closet space but nothing is really organized in there.  I am planning on buying some baskets of some sort to put towels and other miscellaneous things like in the pictures above.  I have a little unit with 3 drawers in the closet too, but everything is thrown in there and it always takes me awhile to find what I'm looking for.  These ideas above are great!


Now my closet is not nearly big enough nor spacious enough for this kind of organization but I can at least try to add some of these things into it to help it look a little cleaner and less cluttered.  I'm planning on going through the entire closet and getting rid of things I don't wear anymore, organizing my shoes (they're all just thrown in the bottom of the closet), and adding baskets/boxes to the top shelf to organize it better.


 Again, our kitchen does not have this much storage space (we don't even have a pantry) but I need to organize the space that we do have a little better.  I love the wine rack at the top of this pantry.  Someday I will have that.  I think I'm going to buy baskets and little boxes to put apples or other fruit in like this picture has.


Now these pictures are just random ones.  I love the desk area in the top picture.  It looks like they turned a little closet into a cute, very organized office area.  That's a great idea!  Someday I will have space to do this!  Also the bottom picture is a gift wrapping station for Christmas.  Another great idea for that time of year.  Right now the wrapping paper I used last year is stuffed in the corner of my room getting all wrinkled and dirty.  This would keep all of the holiday materials in one little spot and off of the floor so it won't get dirty.  I just might do something like that this year!

Ok, sorry for the boring post but hey, this blog is about my life, and sometimes it's boring!  Anyways, wish me luck this week.  Hopefully Friday at this time I am still awake and functioning! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment