Thursday, August 23, 2012

Lazy Wednesday, Busy Thursday!

 Hello world!

I finally had a nice, relaxing, lazy night last night.  But of course it didn't last long enough.  The nights I have off always seem to fly by and the nights I have to work tend to drag on and on.

Anyways, I got home and laid on the couch with Marley and watched a couple episodes of Gossip Girl on Netflix (I don't know what I'm going to do when I have watched all of the seasons on Netflix, I might actually have to buy the rest of the seasons).  I took a short nap and then got up to do some much needed laundry.  I called and talked to my mom and dad for a while.  It's always nice to talk with them since we don't get to see each other often.  We talked about my vacation time that I'm taking in a couple of weeks.  I am going to visit them in Iowa for a few days.  I am more excited about this than I would be if I was going on a cruise to Mexico!  I love spending time with my family.  

After catching up with them, and in between loads of laundry, I made myself a nice little salad and a vodka tonic and lounged on the couch a little longer.  


I decided to buy Skinny Girl vodka at the store the other day because I've tried Skinny Girl Cucumber vodka and LOVED it.  The vodka is supposed to be better for you and has less artificial ingredients added to it also.  Let me tell you, it's worth the $19.99 that I spent!  I love vodka.  It's one thing that I don't mind spending a little extra on because you can definitely tell the difference between cheap vodka and good vodka (and so can your toliet).  I even bought limes the other day at Target so I took the time to cut those suckers up.  Vodka tonics always taste better with lime!


This is my cute little salad I made.  I just used romaine lettuce (organic, yum!) and then cut up some fresh red pepper and carrots and added those, and sprinkled a little colby jack shredded cheese on top.  I used Italian dressing.  Quick, easy, delicious.

Marley doesn't always like to sit still for pictures.

 So after doing laundry and relaxing while eating my salad, drinking my delicious drink (or 2), and watching a little more Gossip Girl, I did the dishes and then made Vinnie a yummy grilled cheese (poor baby is getting sick of leftover ziti).  He got home from work late again so we didn't get to see much of each other before I passed out but we did manage to cuddle and watch an episode of Friends first.  It sucks that we haven't gotten to see each other much lately because our schedules are so opposite/busy, but I cherish the time I do have with him and couldn't be more thankful to have him in my life.  Ok, now that my little love moment is over we can all move on :)

I had a couple of reward coupons from using my Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy credit card and decided a week or so ago that it was time to use them.  I ended up buying a couple of cardigan sweaters from Gap online.  I had $30 off in reward coupons and then got an extra 25% off of the entire order because they had a special online deal going on.  So, I ended up getting these 2 cardigans for $32 and with free shipping!  I was very proud of myself.  I'm wearing one of the sweaters today for the first time and I must admit, I love it.  It's perfect for the fall.





I actually got it in a charcoal gray color because I've been needing a nice gray cardigan.  My favorite part about it is that it has cute tan elbow-patches that make it a little more unique and not just a plain sweater.  It's really cozy, thick, but not too thick, and you can dress it up a little or dress it down and keep it casual.  I kept it casual today with a peach v-neck t-shirt (also from the Gap circa 2011) and some flare legged jeans from Express.  I just added some gold stud earrings, my favorite big, gold rose ring, and a pretty simple necklace with three little pendants.  I'm feeling very relaxed today.  Which is nice because work has been pretty hectic lately and I have to run straight to my other job when I get off here.  I think I need a little relaxation before the craziness really starts!

I just looked at Gap online and they have another 25% off entire purchase deal going on that ends today.  I'm trying to save money so I'm going to stay away...staaay strong Tarah!

Welp enough of my rambling on about being lazy and relaxed.  Happy thirsty Thursday to those of you who don't have to work tonight!  I'll be the one serving those delicious Thursday drinks :) 

xoxo TARAH 

No comments:

Post a Comment