Friday, August 9, 2013

It's a Polka Dot kind of Day

Alright so let's just get this out in the open cuz I feel like a need to confess...I absolutely did not go to the gym last night.

I got home, took Marley for a walk, and then fell asleep on the couch for a good hour or so.  But then I woke up and I cooked a pretty impressive dinner of baked tilapia for Vinnie and I.  I'm still not sure if Vinnie liked it or if he was just saying it was good to toot my horn (he's not exactly a fish kind of guy) but either way, I liked it.


Baked Tilapia - Original Recipe

Ingredients:

Tilapia fillets (I used 3, the recipe called for 4 6oz fillets)
3 tbsp. melted butter
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I used garlic salt)
1/8 tsp salt (I clearly didn't measure that one)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp paprika 
The original recipe also called for 2 tbsp of capers (drained) but I'm not a fan of capers and I obviously don't keep cans of capers around so I didn't add those.

Directions:

Place tilapia in an ungreased baking dish.  In a small bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice, garlic salt, and salt; pour over fillets.  Sprinkle with oregano and paprika.  Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes (I cooked mine for about 13) or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

I served this fish with rice pilaf and I added some diced red peppers to the rice to give it that little extra zing (just call me Rachel Ray).  Anyways, I thought it was great except I may have used a little too much paprika since I didn't actually measure it out.

After dinner we each had a beer and then we went to bed like a lame old couple.  We have a good excuse though, we both work extra long today.  I am working both jobs and closing down the bar tonight and Vinnie is working a double header at US Cellular Field so he's working twice as long as he's used to.

As for my outfit today:

One of my favorite purchases from Groop Dealz!

Peplum tank: Express // Jeans: Express (old) // Necklace: Groop Dealz // Shoes: Banana Repulic (old)
Hope you all have a great weekend!  I really don't have any plans since I'm back to my work schedule of not having a life on the weekends.  We're hoping to have a little date night on Sunday night (fingers crossed someone's not too tired!).

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment