Friday, August 16, 2013

Feel Good Friday

Hallelujah it's the weekend people!

I'm feeling good on this lovely Friday simply because the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and this busy work week is about to come to an end in just a few short hours.  Here are some things that have made up my week...

I worked last night and was extra tired when I got home so I pretty much crawled right into bed.  Vinnie wasn't home yet but of course I had someone who wanted nothing more than to snuggle up next to me...


I went shopping last weekend for groceries and was caught off guard when I got to the beer aisle.  Target had Sam Adams Oktoberfest out already.  It's barely the middle of August and as much as I LOVE the fall, I am not ready for summer to be over yet.  I feel like it just started and now it's already almost over.  So I debated buying a 6 pack of the Oktoberfest for awhile.  Fall beer is probably my favorite season for beer, so I ended up saying 'what the heck' and I bought a 6 pack.  I had one a couple of nights ago and although it tasted just as great as I remembered, I'm just not ready for it yet.  I haven't prepared myself.  After we finish this 6 pack, I will have to wait for the weather to cool down and the leaves to start changing colors before I buy it again.  For now, I will have to get stick to summer shandy until the end of the season.

Earlier this week on my commute to work I was driving behind this van:


What the what?  Why in the world does Jewel Osco have an emergency service van?  What kind of an emergency could Jewel Osco possibly have?  My only guess is that if one Jewel runs out of Sara Lee Cajun Style Turkey Breast (my favorite) they send out an emergency alert to the next closest Jewel who then sends an employee out to deliver the turkey breast to the store in need in their white emergency service vehicle.  That's the only logical reason.

A couple of weekends ago I got to see this little fella:


Oh how this little nephew of mine warms my heart.  I wish I got to see him more often.  


He and my adorable niece just can't get enough of Pawpaw Joe.  I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to go home and see those little love bugs.

As for Pawpaw Joe up there (aka my loving father), I really can't say enough good things about that man.  Receiving text messages like this from him truly makes my day...


P.S. if you're confused, my name is Tarah Jo and for my whole life my family (and most of my friends) have called me TJ, T, T Jo, etc. 

I found this on Pinterest a couple of days ago: 

This is exactly what I have always tried to do, see the good in everything and everyone and although it's not always possible, trying makes the world seem a little happier.  You never know what any particular person is going through.  It's important to always remember that and try to see the good in them.

Welp, this has been quite the random post but that's pretty much me in a nutshell...random. 

Happy Weekending!

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment