Monday, August 19, 2013

Golfing and Grilling

I had such a great weekend and it went by way too fast...I know, surprising right?

I got up early Saturday morning to watch Vinnie play in a golf tournament.  Watching golf is really quite boring to me but I love Vinnie, plus I'm just a really supportive girlfriend.  Honestly, it was so nice out that I didn't care what I was doing as long as I was outside.  Also, the air and water show was going on in Chicago so I got to watch a little bit of that as well.





When Vinnie was done golfing, we headed home and watched the Cubs/Cardinals game but both ended up falling asleep and waking up soaking wet with sweat because we both get really hot when we sleep.  So then I showered and then I had to go to work.  I had to work pretty late but a bunch of us went to the dive bar down the street from where I work when we were all off.  The Oakwood is open until 5 am which is nice because I didn't get done working until 3 am.  I love the people I work with and by the end of the night my stomach was all cramped up from laughing.  It was a good night that I needed badly.

Since I didn't get home until after 5 am, I slept in until about 1 pm on Sunday.  Vinnie golfed in his tournament again that day so I had just gotten out of bed when he was getting home.  We decided since the weather was so nice that we were going to grill out that night.  So we headed to the grocery store for our grilling supplies.  




Steaks, potato salad, and southwestern vegetables...yum!  We even gave Marley a bone so he could enjoy eating outside with us.

Later that night we took Marley on a walk to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream.  On our way home, Marley found a stuffed ice cream cone that a little kid had dropped outside of one of the cars on the street.  He carried his new friend all the way home with him.  Then when he got home he started ripping his friend up into pieces and we found out that his friend was made of tiny little beads so I quickly took friend away from him and gave him a new home in our garbage.  Sorry Marley, but the mess was avoided.



We ended the night watching 'Identity Thief', which was hilarious, and going to bed before 10:30 pm.  

 
Successful weekend.

Happy Monday!

XO. Tarah

Linking up with Sami's Shenanigan's

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment