Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Lazy, Rainy Night

My day started out a little rough.  Today and tomorrow are 2 days out of the every month that I dread since I typically drive to work and park on the streets for free...street cleaning days.  Ugghhh.  Of course traffic was slower than usual and there was nowhere to park so I started driving around different areas that were still semi close to the building I work in to try and find somewhere to park.  I tried to turn down a weird street but a huge ass construction truck was blocking most of my side of the street making it nearly impossible to get by...but of course I tried because my car is small and I thought it would be fine.  Nope.  I scraped the back side of my car up against said truck and took off some of the paint.  So I parked in the parking garage and will have to pay 14 damn dollars.  You win again Chicago!  Life's a bitch sometimes.

Anyways my day did get better because today is beautiful so I spent my lunch break outside in the sun by the gorgeous Chicago River reading.  Also, I'm joking...the Chicago River is freaking disgusting.  Seriously, I feel gross even breathing too close to that water.


At least I wore sparkly shoes and sat by pretty flowers.  That kind of made up for the grossness of the river water.

Today got even better about an hour ago when the building I work in let us all go outside and have ice cream.  Ice cream has apparently been a running theme on this blog as of lately.  But it's no secret that ice cream makes me happy so I've almost forgot about my rough morning, that is until I go out to the parking garage and pay for my day's worth of parking and see my pretty car with a big scratch.  Sorry Roxy (my car's name obviously).

Last night I was supposed to work on the patio but Chicago weather had different plans for me and I got called off.  It was supposed to be some kind of epic storm.  It rained but nothing too crazy happened.  So I watched the rain with Marley and then was just really lazy the rest of the night.

Don't make me go out there mom!

Rainy
I painted my nails, drank wine, and watched some of the Blackhawks game.  But then that game went into 3 overtimes and I was tired so I went to bed.  Sorry, I'm not super fan.  They won without me watching though so I'm not really that sorry.  

My whole night in one picture - pretty nails, wine, blackhawks, and marley
So the planned busy night at work turned into a wonderfully lazy, rainy night at home.  Thank you weather.

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment