Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Trip to the Lake and a Blackhawks Victory!!!

Happy Hump Day!

Life has been super busy for me lately.  I'm helping with last minute planning for my friend Maggie's Bridal Shower and Lingerie Shower this weekend so I've been non-stop running around the past couple of days.  Not to mention I have to work my other job tomorrow night and then I leave for the shower on Friday afternoon.  So basically I have tonight to buy Maggie's gift, finish the decorations, and bake some cookies.  Plus I also really need to do laundry and dishes.  Eeek.  That might have to wait until I get back next week.

This past weekend was relaxing.  I didn't realize how stressed out I would be this week or else I would have enjoyed it even more.  We left Saturday morning to head to the Lake in Davis, about a 2 hour drive.  The weather was less that perfect but we weren't going to let that ruin our time.  We stopped and picked up some snacks and beer and then arrived a little after noon.  We cracked open a couple of summer shandies and then headed out to the dock.  The water was freezing and I actually had to wear a sweater for most of the afternoon.  So we just enjoyed being outside by the water and played with Marley.







Vinnie's Aunt and Uncle arrived around 3ish and we decided to take the boat out for a joyride.  Marley came with us and was a little scared at first but he got used to it and then really loved it.  After a while we came back and started preparing dinner.  Vinnie's aunt made ribs on the grill.  I don't remember that last time I had ribs.  It's just not something I ever eat.  Holy cow.  These ribs were beyond delicious and we were all really hungry so we devoured every last bit.

 
After dinner we all sat down to watch Game 5 of the Stanley Cup championship.  The Blackhawks won and we did shots of tequila!  The amount of beer, gin and tonics, and tequila we consumed started adding up and we all decided to call it a night so that we could get up early and enjoy the next day.

Sunday morning we woke up and had waffles and fruit for breakfast.  Vinnie's aunt is the type to make sure no one goes hungry while she's around.  She's the best.

It was a sunny, beautiful day so we headed straight to the lake. 


One happy dog!


beer, energy drinks, and capri suns = :)


Vinnie's cousin showed up with some of her friends a little later and we all headed out on the boat.  Since the weather was nice, we were all able to go tubing.  It was so much fun but my arms are still sore 3 days later.  After tubing for a while we headed back to get some lunch.  We were planning on going back out on the boat but the temperature dropped, the clouds rolled in, and it started raining.  So we went back inside, showered, and headed on our way home a little later.


It was a super successful weekend at the lake and I hope we can go back soon!


How adorable is baby Vinnie!?
Monday night was game 6 of the Stanley Cup and by now everyone knows THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS WON!  It was one of the best and most exciting endings to a game I've ever seen.  2 goals in 17 seconds.  Just totally nuts!  Seriously, go google it.  I had to work but I wasn't too upset about it because the bar I work at was packed and went completely crazy when they won.  It was so awesome.  Chicago went insane and everyone is still celebrating and will be for the rest of the week.  There's even a parade on Friday and my work is letting us wear Blackhawks attire.  When Vinnie and I got home that night we did a celebratory shot, of course.





Makes me love this city even more!


I spent all of last night running around buying craft supplies and then making decorations for the bridal shower but I did come home to a very adorable, clean puppy dog.  He was a little smelly from being at the lake all weekend so Vinnie took him to get groomed.



And now that you're all caught up on my life happenings, have yourselves a lovely little Wednesday!  Mine will be filled with trips to Target, more crafting, and wine.

XO. Tarah



 

No comments:

Post a Comment