Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday 5

Alas!  It's finally Friday!  This makes me so happy I could just scream...but don't worry I won't.

I wore a dress to work today because this whole week it's been so hot out that when I sit outside to read my book for an hour I end up sweating so bad that I just feel gross by the time I go back to sit at my desk.  It's a good think I almost always remember to put on deodorant (almost).  Of course today it decides that it's going to rain so the weather dropped like 20 degrees and I've been freezing my booty off.  The weather literally rained on my parade.  Whatevs.  I won't let that ruin the fact that it's Friday and I actually have plans this weekend for once!

Moving on...here are the top 5 things about my week:

1.  It's officially Summer!


Today marks the first official day of summer.  Yay!  It's officially acceptable to eat mass amounts of watermelon and wear your swimsuit under your clothes everywhere you go (ya know, just in case you hit up the beach man).  Of course mother nature would decide to give us rain on this other wise lovely day.

2.  Upgrades!



In the words of Beyonce 'Lemme upgrade you'.  We've recently upgraded a few things in our apartment and this makes me super happy.  I finally feel like I'm becoming an adult.  We upgraded our TV from a 32" to a 55", we added the sports package and upgraded to HD (which, holy cow, makes a world of difference), we moved into the master bedroom that our roommate moved out of 2 months ago, where we both get a closet in our room (in our old bedroom there was only one closet and, clearly, I got it), and we finally invested in some artwork to put above our couch so that wall doesn't look naked anymore!

3.  Amazon

I just love Amazon.  I could shop for shit stuff I don't really need all day on that website.  I've been looking for a new phone case for my phone but I haven't really found any that I like that don't cost an insane amount.  I finally ventured over to Amazon and found a million phone cases that I want that were all a pretty decent price.  I settled for two.

 
4.  The Arcade Bar I went to last night

One thing I love about Chicago is that there are always fun, new, and exciting things to do!
 




Last night we had a little work outing for our department after we got off of work.  They do these every once in a while and most of the time I don't feel like going but I always end up having fun.  Last night's even was at an arcade bar called Emporium.  So basically it's just a bar that doubles as an arcade.  So you can get hammered while you play old school arcade games.  Sounds pretty legit right?  Well, I'm not really much of a 'gamer'.  I'm not good at video games, or really any other games.  I figured it would be kind of lame because I would suck and then I would want to quit and go home.  But since my work was paying for all the drinks, I figured I would at least stop by for a drink or 4.  I actually ended up having a lot of fun, even though I still definitely suck at games.  I stuck to the pinball machines mostly because you can't really suck at pinball games.  Well I ended up staying there with the people from my department pretty late and I didn't get home until around 10 and then I just chugged 3 glasses of water, took a Tylenol PM, and passed the eff out.  I woke up this morning and, surprisingly, haven't felt too bad all day.  Looks like I just found myself a new hangover cure!  

1366 N Milwaukee Ave. 
Chicago, IL 60622

5.  Lake House

Last summer at the lake
Last but not least, I actually have plans to do something besides work this weekend!  Vinnie and I are heading to his grandpa's lake house early tomorrow morning and we're spending the rest of the weekend there with some of his family.  I'm really hoping the weather cooperates but I'm excited to just be away from the hustle and bustle of work, relaxing and spending time with my boyfriend for once since we don't get much time together as it is.  Fingers crossed for no rain!  I'm also hoping to actually get a little bit of a tan since it's now officially summer and my skin is just as pale as it was at Christmas time.








Linking up with those wonderful ladies today.

Hope you all have a fabulous, rain free weekend!

XO. Tarah


 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment