Thursday, June 20, 2013

Currently...

Hello everyone!  Happy Thursday!  One day closer to the weekend!

It's been a while since I've done one of these 'Currently' posts and I do kind of enjoy doing these things so here it goes:

Currently I am...

Reading: I don't have a lot of time to read so it always takes me forever to finish a book.  Lately, since the weather has been nicer, I've been taking my lunch break to sit outside in the sun and read for an hour.  I am reading a book that I learned about from other blogs that I read daily.  It's a big 'blogger favorite' if you will.  It's called 'The Happiness Project' and it's written by Gretchen Rubin whom is a wonderful author and I already know I definitely want to read more books by her after I finish this one.  In this book, Gretchen basically just writes about how one day, out of the blue, she wondered if she could be happier.  She makes goals in order to be happier and spends one month on each goal for an entire year.  I'm about half way through this book right now and I'm really enjoying reading about her experiences and realizations as she test drives her theories about how to be happier.

The Happiness Project

Listening to: I love 'feel good' music.  The kind of music that makes you wiggle around in your desk chair while at work, or sing along to loudly while you're in your car driving home, or just full on dance to in the mirror while you're getting ready in the bathroom.  That's my favorite.  Lately I can't stop listening to 'Blurred Lines' by Robin Thicke, 'I'm Out' by Ciara ft. Nicki Minaj, and 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams.  There are several others that I'm loving but these are the three that I keep replaying.

Loving: Well since I obviously can't stop talking about it, the weather!  It's been sunny and gorgeous outside all week and I am definitely loving it!

I'm also loving the new iPhone cases I ordered that just came in the mail yesterday! 



I haven't gotten a new phone case since Christmas and was really craving one.  Thankfully Amazon always comes through when you're looking for cute accessories that don't break the bank.

I'm also loving that the Blackhawks won last night and tied the series.  It was a great game that they ended up winning in overtime, which forced me to stay awake late, but it was worth it.


Now they're coming back to Chicago for the next 2 games.

Vinnie was gone dog sitting for his Uncle last night so I missed him but that just means extra cuddles from my sweet doggie.  I'm obviously loving him, as always.


Also, I'm loving Snapple Facts.  

 
Wearing: summer clothes! Finally!  Sandals, shorts, dresses, tank tops...


I'm loving these cheetah print wedges that I just got from Target.  I also just bought 2 dresses from Fiore Boutique thanks to one of my favorite bloggers Caitlin from Southern Curls and Pearls.



Both are adorable and I'm planning on wearing them for a couple of my best friend's wedding festivities that are coming up (bridal shower and rehearsal dinner) so you can be sure to see pictures after I wear them.  

I'm actually currently wearing a polka dot blouse that I got from American Eagle 3 years ago.  I got inspired by polka dots after I put my new polka dot case on my iPhone last night.

Polka Shirt: American Eagle (old), Sweater: Gap, Black Skinnies: Gap, Sandals: Target, Purse: Kenneth Cole


Looking forward to: this weekend, specifically Saturday and Sunday.  Vinnie and I are heading to his Grandpa's lake house early Saturday morning to spend the weekend with some of his family.  I'm praying for sunshine!

At the lake last summer.
Cooking/Baking: Unfortunately I've been pretty busy lately and most of my meals have consisted of a quick salad thrown together, mac and cheese, or take out.  And that stinks because I do love to cook/bake.  Vinnie and I did grill Italian Sausage with onions and green peppers last weekend though.


I have recently pinned a few recipes that look amazing and I'm definitely planning on making these soon.  Go check out my 'Yummy' Pinterest Board!  I think I might try to make these delicious looking Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispie Treats to bring to the lake this weekend.  Give me a rice krispie treat any day and make me a happy girl!


Thanking: my lucky stars that I actually have a Saturday off and can spend some time relaxing with my love and my dog this weekend!


I'm also really looking forward to star gazing this weekend.  One thing I really miss about living in the country is the beautiful sky at night.  I spent many summers star gazing in my front yard.  Now that I live in the big ol' city of Chicago, it's not often that I see stars.


Too da loo!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment