Monday, June 10, 2013

Ice Cream for Breakfast = I need to buy groceries

It's freaking Monday again.  Double boo hoo.

I've been super busy lately but not good busy, like the fun kind of busy where I've done tons of super awesome things that I want to tell you all about.  The dumb kind of busy where I've been working a lot and nobody wants to hear about working, unless you do something really cool (which I obviously don't).

So let me tell you about my weekend.  FYI it wasn't very exciting.  I worked Friday night.  This weekend was ribfest in Chicago and it's located just down the street from where I work so we were super busy with lots of drunkies Friday and Saturday night.  Vinnie and I went to ribfest last year and it was pretty spectacular except for the fact that you have to pay 20 bucks for 3 little ribs and you might as well give the beer vendors a couple of your fingers for the price that they charge you for a dixie cup of Miller Lite (not really that would be gross but you get the picture).  But I would have rather been attending Ribfest than working down the street from it.

At Ribfest last year
I woke up late on Saturday and did a whole lot of nothing because we finally set our new TV up and it's huge and amazing and I don't wanna ever leave my couch again for the rest of my life.  I also tried to lay outside in our backyard for a while because I am paler than pale and it's almost the middle of June but it was cloudy and slightly cold so back to the couch I went.  And then I had to work again.


Please ignore the fact that our TV is set up on a janky desk with our old, small TV stand below it.  We're not white trash, we just haven't gotten our new TV stand from my aunt and uncle yet.  Also, see that team on the TV there?  That's the Blackhawks...GO BLACKHAWKS!  They won Saturday night and made it to the Stanley Cup!  

Sunday I slept in a little bit and then headed to the grocery store to buy some much needed groceries.  I ate an ice cream bar for breakfast since we didn't have any breakfast items, but let's be real, I absolutely would have done that anyways.

breakfast of champions

grocery run outfit...jimmy buffet concert tee (classy)
Then I came home and changed into an outfit that is more reasonable to wear out in public and Vinnie and I headed to the suburbs for his cousin's high school graduation party.  I do love his family so that was fun.  His sister and I also whooped some ass in bags and I forgot how much I freaking love bags.  

Then we came home and enjoyed our first Blu Ray experience on our new TV.  We watched Jack Reacher and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Nicely done Tom Cruise.


And that's about all that I have to say about that.  My weekend actually panned out to be a little better than I originally thought.  Cool.

XO. Tarah 

Linking up with Sami's Shenanigans

 

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I laughed when you said you're not white trash. That is an awesome looking TV though! Ugh, I need a tan too but it's also cold and gross here. Where's summer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to just switch it up and eat ice cream for breakfast. Blue Ray is incredible. Makes such a difference!
    Stopping by from the blog hop :)
    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Icecream for breakfast sounds amazing to me haha!

    ReplyDelete