Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Productive Summer Sunday

Happy Tuesday!

I had a great weekend.  Well I guess I should say, I had a great Sunday, since the rest of my weekend was filled with work.  Instead of weekend updates I should really start calling them Sunday updates since my Friday and Saturdays seem to always just be spent working.  Anyways, Sunday made up for the rest of my work filled weekend.

Vinnie and I both had the whole day off but since I got home super late (or early) because of work on Saturday night, Vinnie and Marley let me sleep in late.  And sleep in late I did!  When I finally ventured out of bed I texted my dad a 'Happy Father's Day' and told him I would call him when I'm a little more awake (he understands that it is not fun to talk to sleepy Tarah) and then had a yummy egg sandwich that my wonderful boyfriend made for me.  Too bad Marley ate half of it when I set it down too close to his little nose.  He got in trouble for that one.

So thankful for my fabulous dad!  He really is the best dad in all of the land!

After waking up a bit and calling my dad, we got our day started because we were planning on doing a lot.  We had a roommate who moved out in April.  She had the master bedroom while she lived with us and after she moved out we planned on moving into the master bedroom because, well obviously, it's bigger.  That was 2 months ago so we finally decided it was time to bite the bullet and move our stuff.  

First, we had to throw out all of the junk that my lovely roommate left in said room.  I moved one dresser that she left and found 4 dirty socks (none of which were a pair), a bag of cheetos still half full, and...brace yourself for this one...a pair of dirty underwear.  Vomit.  Moving on, we took about 10 trips up and down our 3 flights of stairs with various shit that she left (a computer desk, an old TV, a couple of crappy lamps, and several other boxes of junk).  Thanks ex-roommate, I'm not salty :) and then we cleaned the freak out of that room because it definitely hadn't been cleaned the whole time she lived in there.  It was also really hot on Sunday so we were sweating our asses off the whole time we were doing all of this.  I definitely didn't feel bad not going to the gym that day because we got a good workout in going up and down the stairs as much as we did as well as lifting all the stuff we had to lift. 

We took our bed apart and moved it into the new bedroom and then decided that we were hungry and we had been really productive so we needed a break.  I threw a load of laundry in the washing machine, Vinnie fired up the grill, and we popped open a couple of beers.  Haha, I said fired up the grill as if we own a giant, awesome grill.  Whatever, I love our tiny Webster grill. 



On the menu...Italian sausage with grilled onions and green pepper

This boy was in heaven...he loves playing outside more than anything in the world.  Also, how happy/adorable is he???

We relaxed outside while the food cooked on the grill.  By this time it was well into the evening and the temperature had dropped a little bit so it was very enjoyable outside.  Also, we saw a lone deer walking down the street in front of our apartment building.  Normally this wouldn't be so weird but, hello!?! I live in Chicago!  In the city!  I failed to take any pictures because I was pretty excited.  

Then we enjoyed our Italian sausage and macaroni and cheese outside at the picnic table.



After we ate, we headed back inside to do more work.  We moved the rest of our stuff into the new bedroom.  We have this one really long dresser and I have absolutely no idea how we got it in our bedroom the first time because it was the biggest bitch to move.  We ended up having to turn it on it's side so that it was tall and skinny enough to fit around the corner and into our new room.  After we got it into our room we were trying to turn it so that it was standing up the right way again but we didn't want to break the legs off of it.  So I ended up somehow being underneath it and bear hugging it to the ground.  I definitely got a couple of bruises from that big guy and a few laughs out of Vinnie.  I'm sure it was a sight to see.  Also, after this day, I refuse to ever move out of our current apartment until we have enough money to hire movers to do it for us.  So I better start saving now.

We also hung some new artwork above our sofa.


It's the Chicago skyline and I love it, but it's totally uneven and I don't care at all because it's really hard to put three panels up on the wall and make it look perfect.  I actually do care because I'm kind of a neurotic perfectionist but I was too tired from moving all day to do anything about it.

Then we ate ice cream, took showers to clean our stinky butts, and went to bed.  It was the first Sunday that actually felt like summer; grilling out, drinking some brews, and playing with Marley.  It was the perfect combination of productive and relaxing...ok maybe I would have added a little more relaxing into that equation in a perfect world but I felt good accomplishing some tasks that we've been putting off.  We definitely fell asleep smiling :)

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment