Wednesday, June 19, 2013

L.O.V.E.

I don't really link up too often (I have nothing against link-ups) but I saw a few people do this link-up and thought it was really cute.  Plus, I love talking about my love so whenever I get a chance to do it, I jump on it.

So today I'm linking up with A. Liz Adventures to spill about my love!


New Years. January 2013.




 1.  Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband/boyfriend/fiance.

Yikes, this one's a doozy.  Skip over this one if you don't feel like reading a long, drawn out answer that I apparently feel the need to type out.  I didn't have a lot of boyfriends but I did date a lot, and by a lot I mean A LOT!  I dated the same guy in high school for a couple of years.  He was 2 years older than me and was the star athlete of our school.  We were the 'perfect couple' but after he graduated and went away to college he changed and ended up breaking my heart.  This relationship really affected me because even though I was young, he was my first love and of course I thought we were going to get married and be high school sweethearts (puke in my mouth).  After that fell apart, I guarded my heart.  I did date one guy who I gave the title of boyfriend to in college and he was an amazing guy whom I tried to make it work with for a very long time because I knew he was such a good guy and he would always treat me right.  I just never felt 'it' with him though and after trying off and on for years, we ended it.  

The rest of college was filled with a series of terrible decisions.  None of these terrible decisions ever became my boyfriend because I was on to the next one all too quickly, too afraid to let anyone get too close but knowing that none of these boys was even close to being worth giving my heart to.  I was going for the wrong type of guy though.  Not the kind of guy who wants to take you out to dinner and bring you home to meet his mom, but the kind of guy who only wanted one thing, and that one thing was not a girlfriend.  After college I started dating a guy because he treated me pretty decent and I thought it was probably 'the right thing to do'.  He also seemed to have his shit semi together which is way more than I could say for any of the other fools I was hanging around with prior to meeting him.  I ended up quitting my job and leaving my family and friends to move to the Chicago Suburbs with him.  We broke up after one month of living together and it ended badly and cost us both an arm and a leg to get out of our lease that we had just signed.  I always knew that he wasn't right for me in the back of my head and apparently my family did too, they were just waiting for me to realize it on my own.  I didn't want to give up and move back home because I always dreamed of being in Chicago and even though it was hard and I lived off of coffee and redbull working 2 full time jobs, I made it work.  

I met Vinnie shortly after while working at a bar.  He smiled at me and I was in love.  That might sound cheesy but it's hard to describe how I felt when I first met Vinnie.  It sounds super cliche to say 'I just knew' but that's the truth.  I felt completely calm and at peace and he hasn't left my side since the first day I met him.  My path, as rough as it was, led me straight to Vinnie.

Rehearsal Dinner for his cousin's wedding. December 2012.

 2.  Describe your husband/boyfriend/fiance in one word.  How would he describe you in one word?

HOT!  Haha, honestly I could never describe him in one word because he's so much more than that.  He means the world to me and how can you describe the whole world in one word?  If I absolutely had to choose, I would probably choose Charismatic.  He's funny, charming, and one of a kind.  He would probably describe me in one word - crazy.  Seriously though.  Either that or loving.

Vinnie's 23rd birthday. April 2012.

3.  You had a really silly fight.  Embarrassing silly.  What was it about?

Most of our fights are really silly because we don't fight often.  Most of them probably stem from sports.  We are both opinionated anyways but when it comes to sports we both can get pretty heated.  I literally think our last silly fight was over how tall Tony Parker is (also how tall Eva Longoria is, Vinnie lost because I'm a great height guesser).  Also, he is a Chicago Cubs fan and I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan and those 2 don't mesh very well because the Cubs and Cardinals are obviously huge rivals.  We often bicker about our teams.

Our first Cubs/Cardinals Game. May 2012.
4.  In three sentences (and only three), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years.

I hope that we both have stable jobs that we enjoy and that allows us both time to visit our families often.  I hope that we're living in a nicer area (whether it be Chicago or another city) and are able to save money and live comfortably.  I hope that we are married and happy.     

Summer. August 2012.
5.  Tell us something about your husband/boyfriend/fiance that we wouldn't know from reading your blog.

Vinnie and I grew up very differently.  He was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago.  His parents divorced when he was 6 years old and it was harder on him than I think he actually even realizes.  They don't communicate quite like my family does.  I was born and raised in mid-western Illinois and I grew up way out in the country.  My parents have been married for 30 years and they love each other more than anything.  We have always communicated with each other about everything and we've always shown love very openly.  I love Vinnie's family.  They're all amazing.  They're just different from mine.

Six Flags Fright Fest. October 2012.
6.  What's one thing that you never thought you'd do in front of your husband/boyfriend/fiance, but you did?

Sing.  I am one of the goofiest chicks you'll ever meet and I love to laugh, dance, and have a good time but one thing I don't do in front of people is sing.  Rap, sure, you could call me Snoop Tarah.  Singing is a different story.  I'm awful, just awful.  I don't know when it happened, and it might be the fact that Vinnie is also a very bad singer, but I sing in front of him now.  Actually, I kind of sing all the time in front of him. 

Las Vegas. April 2013.
OMG that was fun.  I should link up more often.

In other news, Vinnie and I saw 'The Purge' last night at the movie theater.  It wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be and I'm still kind of up in the air as to whether I liked it or not.  I'm not a very harsh critic though so it doesn't take much to please me.

Happy Hump Day folks!

XO. Tarah

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you two are the cutest couple ever. I loved reading this! As corny as it sounds, I totally believe in "just knowing" that someone is the one. That's how I felt the moment I saw Andrew.

    Also, Andrew and I loved the Purge! I'm curious to know what about it you didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are amazingly good looking! Goodness gracious! Thanks SO much for linking up - I really enjoyed your responses to the questions :)

    ReplyDelete