Thursday, September 5, 2013

3 Day Weekends are the Best!


Dress: H&M (old) // Racerback Tank: AE (old) // Belt: AE (old) // Shoes: Banana Republic (old) // Necklace: Express (you guessed it, old)

Weird, every item I'm wearing in that outfit is old.  The newest item is that necklace that I got on sale at Express last year.  That dress?  I wore it to my high school graduation and it's pretty low cut and ties into a halter top so I'm real surprised my mom let me get away with that one.  

I wore this outfit to work a couple of weeks ago when the average temperature was still in the upper 80's/lower 90's.  I was wearing dresses like it was my job, not to look cute and girly, but because it was too damn hot and I didn't want to wear pants.  Even though it's September, the temperatures have still been pretty high but today the high is only 71 degrees and that makes me happy because I can feel fall creeping up around the corner.  And I love me some fall.

I can't believe it's already Thursday!  This week has really flown by, which is why I believe it should be mandatory to include Monday as a part of the weekend.  Having Monday off always makes the work week sooo much better, dontcha think?

My Labor Day weekend was nice.  I worked a lot but I also woke up every morning with Vinnie and we got to have breakfast together, which never happens.  Monday, we both had the whole day off together so we started it off right with a trip to Dunkin Donuts.  Later that day we went shopping together to take advantage of the Labor Day sales and we both got some pretty good deals.  

On a sidenote:  I did really well with not spending money in August and I'm planning on continuing that into September since I have to pay for my car to get fixed later this month.  Since fall is just around the corner, my plan is to stock up on some fall essentials in the beginning of the month and then stop spending of the rest of the month.  I got some good deals and added a few new things to my fall wardrobe already so now I'm just planning on buying a few fall candles (this is an essential) and possibly a new pair of shoes...and THAT IS IT.  Sticking to this goal is going to be rough because my favorite time of the year to shop for clothes is in the fall because I love fall fashion and layering.

I'll have to try and take pictures of the clothes I got but I'm pretty proud of myself for not spending full price on anything.  The rest of the day was pretty much just spent lounging around together.  I cooked some chicken alfredo pasta and that night and we went to bed early.  I love simple weekends where we get to spend quality time together.



I've been so bad about taking pictures lately but we also went to the driving range on Sunday afternoon and sweated out booties off.  Marley got super spoiled this weekend having us both home to cuddle.  We also got him a new frisbie and some treats and bones this weekend so that he didn't feel left out since we were getting new things.  Spoiled.

Have a great Thursday!  It's almost the weekend!

XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment