Monday, September 9, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip and a Sunday Funday

I had a great weekend even though there's really not much excitement to report.  

Friday and Saturday nights were spent working.  I played with Marley all day Saturday until I had to go into work.  I didn't even do any laundry this weekend so I wasn't even really that productive.  We did clean our apartment on Sunday morning because we had a couple of people over for the BEARS game!  Yay football!

I also made buffalo chicken dip which, I am very pleased to report, was awesome.  It was definitely a big hit and couldn't have been much easier to make.  So since I don't have any weekend shenanigans to recap, below is this delicious recipe.  You can thank me in advance.

This is not my picture.  I didn't have time to take pictures because I was too busy stuffing my face.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Original Source 

Ingredients:
1 lb boneless chicken breast
1 bottle (12 oz) of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (I used buffalo wing sauce and it was a good decision)
8 oz container of cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican cheese blend)
1 cup ranch (I probably only used about 3/4 cup)
1 bag tortilla chips and/or veggies for dipping

Instructions:
1.  Poach the chicken breast in chicken stock and water (I didn't use chicken stock because I didn't have any and it turned out just fine)

2.  Using 2 forks, gently pull chicken apart into small threaded chunks.

3.  In a bowl, combine chicken with Frank's Red Hot sauce to taste.  I probably used about half of the 12 oz bottle.

4.  Spread the cream cheese into the bottom of an ungreased baking dish or casserole dish.

5.  Top with buffalo chicken.

6.  Sprinkle on the shredded cheese.

7.  Finish it off by adding the ranch dressing to the top.

8.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until dip is melted and bubbling.

9.  Serve with chips and/or veggies for dipping!  Yum!

This was a great football food and I will definitely be making it again!  The rest of Sunday was spent watching football and lounging around.  We took Marley for a walk later that night and ate a frozen pizza then went to bed early.  Overall it was a lazy Sunday well spent.






I hope you enjoyed your first Sunday Funday football style of the year!  Fingers crossed for a short week so we can get to the next one!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment