Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Denim Dress Trend

Denim Dresses






It's no secret that a big fashion trend this past summer (it's weird to say this past summer now that summer is officially over) was denim.  The denim jacket is making a comeback that started this past spring/summer.  Now that fall is among us I feel like we are going to start seeing more denim jackets since people are going to actually start needing a jacket.  Other denim staples that started trending this summer were boyfriend jeans, denim shirts (chambray), and the denim dress.  

Now that fall season is in the air, I think we are going to see a lot of these denim items transitioning into everybody's fall wardrobe.  One thing I didn't really think I would ever wear is a denim dress.  I ended up buying a denim dress from Gap last summer because it was on sale for a really good price and just happened to be my size.  I am actually really glad I ended up making that purchase because this denim dress has been easy to dress up or dress down and has proven to be really versatile, which is always a win in my opinion.


I wore this dress to work a few weeks ago when it was still super hot.  As you can see I couldn't decide if I wanted to wear it with my Tom's or with my Sperry's but I ended up deciding on going with my Sperry's.  I'm planning on transitioning this dress into my fall wardrobe my pairing it with tights or leggings, boots, and a sweater.  I'll make sure to show you how I end up styling once that happens!

Also, I know I talked about how I am the only female who hasn't had a pumpkin spiced latte yet this season and I actually went to 711 today to purchase my first one and they were out!  Boo 711.  So I ended up getting a skinny salted caramel latte and threw some pumpkin spiced creamer in there and in sufficed.  It's actually pretty warm here today though and I sweated while drinking it on my way back to the office.  Fall weather still hasn't quite made it's permanent presence in Chicago yet but it's coming!  

What do you guys think about the denim dress?  Is it going to become a fall fashion trend this season or was that so just a summer thing?!

XO. Tarah

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I'm the only girl who hasn't had a PSL yet!

    The denim dress looks great on you! I'd never be able to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete