Monday, September 23, 2013

Architectural Boat Tour of Chi City

Monday.  Blah.  At least it's starting to feel more like fall.  Heck, I even wore boots for the first time since winter today.  Cheers to that.

My weekend was very nice.  For the past month I really haven't done much with my weekends besides work, eat, sleep, and then watch football.  But this weekend was slightly different.  Vinnie and I actually woke up and did something on Saturday, which left me totally exhausted around 2 am that night when I was trying to close down the restaurant I work at.  Anyways, here goes nothing...my weekend in pictures.

Saturday:

We went to Navy Pier and enjoyed an architectural tour of Chicago by boat.  We've lived in Chicago for a couple of years now but we've never done one of these things and, yes, they truly are totally touristy but by golly you guys this was cool as eff and they had a bar and it was such a beautiful day.  I bought a groupon for this in March and it expires at then end of this month so I was not about to let this baby go to waste.  




I know what you're thinking, "Tarah, you went on said boat tour with a supermodel?!"  No you guys, that's my incredibly handsome, green-eyed boyfriend.  I just lucked out in that department and happened to catch me a good one.










Oh yes, we even paid $20 at the end of the tour to buy our special tourist attraction pictures.  I don't care.  I love it.

Honestly though, Vinnie and I kept talking about how amazing our city is and how lucky we are to call Chicago our home.  And the architecture is seriously cool.  There was so much that we learned about it that we would have never known had we not gone on this tour and been schooled by Victor (our tour guide).

Sunday:

It was the first official day of fall so Marley and I celebrated when I woke up with a little pumpkin flavored deliciousness.  Pumpkin coffee for me, pumpkin treats for the pup.



I did a whole lot of nothing for most of the day because, as I always say, that is what Sundays are for (in my world).  I watched some bad TV, I ate a lot of crap, and I mostly just hung out with Marley.  I did do laundry, which is always the only productive thing I do on Sundays.  That night the Bears played so Marley and I watched them beat the Steelers before we called it a night.  
 

I also enjoyed myself another pumpkin flavored treat...Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale.  One of my favs every year.
  

I made this 9x13 pan of heaven at half time.  Smores rice krispie treats.  You will want this recipe...and I will give it to you, just not today because I don't feel like typing all that shaz out.  

And that concludes my weekend adventures.  Oh one more thing...



...my boyfriend's a-freaking-dorable.

Happy Fall!

XO. Tarah

Linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!

 

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING pics! I LOVE your blog!!


    Found you via link up :) new follower!

    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com

    XOXO Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had great wknd!!! You are my LU neighbour, so I like to visit, and drop a line. Have a wonderful week! Those treats look amazing...pumpkin dog treats? awesome!

    ReplyDelete