Thursday, March 7, 2013

They call me King Hov, capisce?

Happy Thursday peeps!  It's almost the weekend!  Yay!

Today's post will be much lighter than yesterday's...mostly because I don't have a whole lot to say today.  

I got home last night, without any snow issues.  I decided to have a productive night and I dove head first into my piles of laundry (not literally though).  In between doing laundry, I cleaned up out bedroom, did all of the dishes, and had a nice little chat with my landlord.  He's the nicest man.  The woman who lived on the bottom floor of my apartment building just recently moved out so he was downstairs painting her old apartment when I came down to do laundry.  

After all of that cleaning I realized that my throat was feeling kind of sore, so I decided to heat up some water in my tea kettle and have a nice cup of hot tea.  Then I saw this bottle of whiskey sitting on my counter and I had a brilliant idea...HOT TODDY!  No, I have never made a hot toddy.  No, I have never even had a hot toddy.  Yes, I have always wanted to have one ever since that song by Usher came out and I googled 'hot toddy' to try and figure out what the eff they were singing about.  

 
I don't really know exactly what's in a hot toddy but I googled it and found several recipes.  Since I don't really follow recipes very well and I hardly ever really measure out ingredients, this time was no different.  

Ingredients:
tea bag
hot water
whiskey
honey
cinnamon
nutmeg
lemon (I used lemon juice though cuz I ain't got no fresh lemons)

So basically I just put my tea bag in my cute little polka dotted mug, poured hot water until the mug was half full, poured some whiskey in, then added a spoonful of honey, a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg, and a few drops of lemon juice.  I stirred it all up and then waited until I thought it wouldn't burn the tastebuds off of my tongue (3 1/2 minutes is not long enough).

Yes, that is a weird giant asian fan thing hanging on the wall behind me.  Don't judge, my roomate is Vietnamese and will be moving out in a month (aka that wall decor will be long gone)
 
Hot Toddy = success!  It was just as delicious as I thought it would be.  It also made my throat feel better which is just an added bonus!

The rest of the night consisted of snuggles with Marley until Vinnie got home from work.


Ok, maybe some kisses too.

So the moral of the story is...buy yourself some whiskey and make a hot toddy.  You won't regret it (unless you don't like whiskey, tea, or Usher).

XO. Tarah

*if you don't know the song I'm talking about you might need to google it.  this post along with this post's title will make a lot more sense then.  sorry i'm not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment