Monday, March 18, 2013

The Luck of the Irish

Top o' the morning to ya!  Ok, it's actually 3 pm and yesterday was St. Patrick's Day but I figured I would try to get one last bit of Irish love in.  How's everybody holding up after this past holiday weekend?  Yes, St. Patrick's Day is a holiday in my book.  I guarantee there are a lot of people feeling hungover today, I am luckily not one of those people. 


I worked a lot this weekend and I didn't get much sleep so I am pretty exhausted today.  Saturday afternoon my mom, dad, and brother came to Chicago to visit.  We spent some time together that afternoon but then I had to go to work at 5:30.  It was a shit show, as expected, since everyone was out drinking and celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  My parents, brother, and Vinnie all came into the bar where I work and had dinner and drinks to visit me.  Even though I was working, it was nice to see them.  The fact that Vinnie went with them even though he didn't have to makes me love him even more than I already do.  He's the sweetest and I am so lucky to have him.

Sunday morning we all woke up and went to brunch at Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro for a little St. Patrick's Day brunch.  

Image from Google Images

Vinnie had to work so he couldn't come with us.  We were all a little sluggish and tired since we stayed up late Saturday night, err Sunday morning.  I didn't get off of work until around 1:30 am but when I got home I had a couple of late night drinks with my family who was waiting up for me.

Baily's Bread Pudding

My mom and I

Kiefer and I
For some reason I didn't get an iPhone picture with my dad but don't worry I didn't get a picture with him on my regular camera (I know you were worried).  After brunch we all went back to my apartment and before long my family was leaving me.  It felt like they had just gotten there and they were already leaving :( I miss them already.  It's a good thing I had Marley to keep me company.

He's a little attention whore but I don't mind.

Looks like someone was a little sleepy!
Vinnie got home from work before too long and we rushed out of the apartment and to his Mom's house for a little corn beef and cabbage for St Patrick's Day dinner.  It was delicious.  His mom is a great cook.  Mix that with a some Jameson and Green River and you have yourselves a pretty awesome St. Patrick's Day.  Oh and don't forget the grasshopper brownies I made.


I was quite proud of the way these puppies turned out.  

After dinner we looked through a bunch of old pictures and year books of Vinnie's.  He was the most adorable child I've ever seen.  By the time we got home we were exhausted and it didn't take long for us both to pass out with Marley at the foot of our bed.  It was definitely an eventful weekend and I really wish I didn't work so much so that I could have enjoyed it even more, but I made the most of it.  

St. Patrick's Day 2013 = success.

Hope you all had a successful one too.  Oh and if you're still battling a little hangover, here's some tips for you.

Source

XO. Tarah  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment