Friday, March 15, 2013

Kiss Me, I'm Irish!

No, really!  I am.  Even my name is Irish.  Tarah is a variant of Tara, which is Gaelic.  This name was the name of the sacred hill near Dublin where the Irish high kings resided.  It means 'hill or star'.  Yep, I always knew I was born a star (joking, clearly).

With St. Patrick's Day coming up on Sunday, I figured I would share a little St. Patrick's Day knowledge with you.

Image

St Patrick's Day last year.  Vinnie clearly isn't Irish...blue shirt?

 In Chicago, we go all out celebrating St. Patrick's Day because many residents are of Irish descent (Chi-rish).  Dyeing the river green has been one of the biggest traditions in Chicago.  I have never seen them dye the river green and am not planning on seeing it this year because I have to work.  You better believe I will be wearing green and drinking a Guinness (or 2 or 3) on Sunday though.

Image
Someday, when I actually don't have to work on the weekends, I plan on heading downtown and actually watching them dye the river green.

Have a safe and happy St. Patrick's Day!

XO. Tarah

An Irish Toast:
"May your glass be ever full.  May the roof over your head be always strong.  And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead." 

No comments:

Post a Comment