Friday, March 22, 2013

Life Lately

from google images

Happy Friday folks!

I'm looking forward to sleeping pretty much all day tomorrow until I have to work in the evening.  Since I'm getting closer to my Vegas trip I might try to squeeze a little gym session in but maybe not.

This week has been pretty busy and I feel like I haven't really stopped moving until last night when I had a night to relax...and relax I did.

Monday night, Vinnie and I headed to the Bulls game.  Vinnie had gotten me tickets for Valentine's Day and we were hoping that Derick Rose would be back from his ACL injury but we had no such luck.  That man is still out :(  The first half was pretty boring and they were playing awful but the game picked up in the second half and even went in to overtime.  They ended up losing after a blown (in my opinion) last second call by the refs.


Starting Line Up

It was still a really awesome game to see.

Tuesday I had a terrible day at work so Vinnie and I stayed in that night and I cooked for us.  And by cooked I mean I made Sweet and Sour Chicken from a box.  It was good and since I'm clearly not a stay at home mom/housewife, judge me all you want.


We also had ourselves a couple black and blues.  Blue Moon and Guinness.  Delicious and well deserved after a rough work day.

My glass was obviously the Bears glass...I hate the Cubs!

I found out on Wednesday that the Bears couldn't reach an agreement with Brian Urlacher so they released him.  Sad day for Bears fans.  Urlacher has been with the Bears for 13 years and even though he is getting old (for an NFL football player) I still think he had a good couple of years left.  He will be missed.  I had to work that night and then I met Vinnie at a sports bar across the street to finish watching the Blackhawks game.  

Last night I went to the gym finally (first time all week, bad Tarah!), made a Target run, and then took a nice, relaxing bubble bath.


I quickly realized that the key to relaxation is a bubble bath + glass of wine + candles + Maroon 5 pandora station.  I felt great after this bubble bath.  Too bad our pipes are apparently now backed up.  This was the first bath I've taken since I was probably 10.  And it will probably be the last one I take while living in this apartment since the water took about 2 hours to fully drain and Vinnie's shower filled up with about an inch of water and gross dirt (our bathrooms share pipes I guess).  We put Draino down the drains today but I don't know...our apartment is old as shit.

I've gotten a few new items of clothing recently that I will have to take pictures of soon and post on here because they're pretty awesome and super cheap.  Too bad they're Spring/Summer clothes and it's still freezing in our neck of the woods.  Today it's 40 degrees and sunny but I can't even enjoy it knowing that the forecast is calling for snow on Sunday...AKA my only day off.  Lovely.  Oh well, I'll be in Vegas soon enjoying some nice weather (hopefully).  

I'm on cup number 3 of coffee for the day, preparing for the long night of work ahead of me.  My co-workers are really going to enjoy me for the next few hours!

Have a wonderful weekend!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment