Friday, January 25, 2013

Snowy Chicago = Angry Tarah

Happy Freeeezing Friday!


It snowed over an inch last night in Chicago, so of course that means the commute to work this morning was a total bitch.  I forgot how when the weather changes a little bit people forgot how to drive and become completely incompetent (and I just spelled incompetent wrong so maybe I should shut up now).  But seriously, it took me over an hour and a half to get to work where it normally takes me a little over 30 minutes.  Needless to say, I was late.  I hate being late.  Also, I don't care how pretty snow looks I still hate it.  I wouldn't hate it if I worked from home and got to stare out my window while sitting in sweats and drinking warm coffee.  I hate it because I have to drive in it.  And because it's cold.  Grrr.






This is Vinnie trying to consume his whole cup of yogurt in 3 bites.  3 large bites later and he still had yogurt left in his cup.  It took 5 bites...and it wasn't attractive.  I love him.

I'm not very healthy and I really want to be.  I eat too much garbage, I can't help myself around chocolate, and I don't go to the gym enough.  This needs to change, fast! I found this website that gives you steps to take in order to get your eating on a healthier track.

1. Stock your kitchen with healthy foods
2. Make a meal plan
3. Eat vegetables and fruit at every meal
4. Pack a lunch (this isn't a problem since I'm on a budget I pack my lunch everyday anways)
5. Hide tempting foods
6. Schedule your exercise
7. Try a new activity

In addition to this list I have decided to limit my alcohol consumption.  Don't get me wrong, I don't drink an excessive amount and I don't even drink every night.  My problem is that I am an extreme light weight (don't know when it happened but it did).  I will honestly have 3 beers in one night and the next morning I wake up not wanting to get out of bed (ok this is every morning regardless if I drink or not), feeling groggy and tired all day, having a headache that won't go away, and overall just feeling gross.  I've decided to not let myself drink during the week.  I'll save the weekends for drinking and since I work almost every Friday and Saturday night that pretty much just leaves Sunday to drink, or on special occasions when I don't have to work Friday and Saturday.  Even when I do drink I am going to limit the amount and I have ended my relationship with shots.  That's right, the college days are over and there is no excuse to be taking shots anymore.

If I can eat better, work out more, and drink alcohol less, I think we will be seeing a much happier and energetic Tarah before too long!

XO. Tarah


 

No comments:

Post a Comment