Friday, January 4, 2013

A Merry Little Christmas

Oh boy, am I glad that it's Friday!  I could not be happier that it was a short week.  If today was actually Wednesday instead of Friday...I would lose my shit.

Now that Christmas and New Year's are both officially over (and we have nothing left to live for, I mean look forward to) I guess it's time to do a little recappy of my holiday.  I didn't do anything exciting, like venture to a foreign country or enjoy a lovely cruise to Disney World, but I still had a nice quiet and relaxing few days off with my family.

December 23:


Chi city

 Me and Vinnie celebrated our Christmas together since, for the 2nd year in a row, we were both doing our separate things with our separate families instead of spending the actual holiday of Christmas together like a real couple who has been dating for over a year.  Whoops, did I just sound a little annoyed...my bad.  We went to the Shedd Aquarium to start off our day.

How lucky are we that there just so happens to be a shark strolling by right when the dude took our pic?!

King Crab

Spider Crab




I apologize for the awful quality of these pictures but my camera is effed up so all I have to take pictures with is my lovely iPhone.

We went to dinner at an Italian Restaurant on Taylor Street in Little Italy.  Then we went home to open presents and enjoy our little Christmas together.


One of the presents I got for Vinnie.

Marley enjoyed his Christmas presents too!
December 24:

I got up and started packing and getting ready to head out to Iowa.  I was only staying there for 3 days but I have this disease called "I'm a girl and I always over pack because it's in my nature" so I packed enough for at least a week (or month) visit.  Then I had to load up my car with my bag, Marley's bag, Marley's crate, a box of presents, a bag of presents, 2 giant presents that didn't fit in the bag or the box, oh and of course Marley.  So, even with Vinnie's help, that took a good 30 minutes.  Finally I was on the road and I didn't have any major fiascos like I did last Christmas Eve on my trip to Iowa (that story is for another day, but let me just tell you I thought I was in a Steven King movie where a girl and her dog are driving home for the holidays and they run out of gas in the middle of nowhere and are viciously tortured and murdered and Christmas is ruined...ok so that was the whole story right there).  That night, my mom and dad, my brother, and I went out to dinner at a little restaurant/bar where we were the only 4 customers for the first hour we were there.  Haha it was nice though.

This house is in Iowa real close to where my parents live.  They have a light show synced to a radio station that plays Christmas music.  It was awesome!

Christmas Tree complete with all of the presents underneath on Christmas Eve.


December 25:

Christmas morning we woke up, had mimosas, opened presents, ate delicious food, and lounged around all day.  Like I said, quiet and relaxing.

Christmas scratches for Marley
Mimosas with my lil bro!

My Christmas attire

Marley playing fetch in the snow!

My brother and I after opening Christmas presents
December 26:

We loaded up our cars (yes we had to take 2 cars) and headed to my hometown where my sister lives in the house that we grew up in.  

Emma opening presents like a boss!

Jack loved his Woody doll!

Adorable little niece

Silly little boy wants a ride from Paw Paw

Aunt T.T. and Emma :)

We headed back to Iowa that night and all fell asleep pretty quickly after a long day with the little rascals.  I headed back home on the 27th and had to work the next morning and night.  Christmas was amazing and I wish it didn't fly by so fast.  I enjoyed the time I got to spend with all of my family and truly cherish all of the moment I get with them.  I'm already looking forward to the next time I get to see them, even though I have no idea when that will be.  I do wish Vinnie would have been able to spend the actual day of Christmas with me but we will have plenty of Christmases together so I can't be too bummed out.  

I'll be back next week with a New Year's recap.  Tonight is one of my first Friday nights off with no plans in a really LONG time!  Not sure if we're going to try and do something or just hang out at home.  Either way I'm excited to be home and not working in a busy, loud, packed restaurant all night like I do every other Friday night!

Have a superb weekend!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment