Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Getting Healthy in 2013

Hello hello hello!  We made it past Monday...hallelujah!

My Monday night was pretty lame but I can't say that I'm too upset about it.  

Cuddled with this snugglebug

Pretty painted nails!
There was a lot of Netflix watching, puppy cuddling, wine drinking, nail painting last night.  I got all of the things I needed to get done around the house done on Sunday so it was nice to lay on the couch and relax for hours.  The one productive thing I did do was my nails...yes I do consider that productive!  The BCS National Championship game was on last night.  Alabama vs. Notre Dame.  Obviously I was pulling for Notre Dame because they're closer to home.  I stopped watching before the first half was even over.  Alabama killed Notre Dame, it wasn't even a game.  Eeek.

In other news, one of my New Year's resolutions was to save money and I have been doing pretty well thus far.  However, Nordstrom is having a big winter sale and I am finding it very hard not to purchase these Steve Madden boots.  I'm staying strong though because I absolutely DO NOT need anymore shoes, especially boots.  I did just buy a super cute hat that was on sale at Lucky though.
Lucky Brand
Not only was it already on sale but then it was an extra 40% off on top of that.  I couldn't help it.  Let's just hope I don't look like a boy because sometimes hats do that to me!

Speaking of New Year's resolutions, another one of mine was to get healthier.  So my decision not to go to the gym last night but instead sit on the couch all night wasn't a real good one but I did buy a 10 day cleanse and some Omega supplements yesterday that should help with this goal.  I know my system is full of shit right now so I'm trying to cleanse all that junk out.  I decided to try out a couple of Advocare products because I've heard good things so we'll see if it's a good decision or not.



I'm also going to start using my Fitness Pal app on my iPhone again.  I used this app a lot at the beginning of the year last year and I think it helped me follow a healthier diet and stay on track.  It's a great free app I definitely recommend whether you want to lose a little wait or just maintain a healthy diet.  It let's you track your calorie intake, set goals, and track your fitness activity.  I love it.  If you don't have a smart phone you can still join here and benefit.  Now all I need is a little inspiration to drag my ass to the gym and I'll be all set on the health goal for the year!  Time to focus!


XO. Tarah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment