Monday, January 7, 2013

I Love Lazy Weekends!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4548711/?claim=c3dge3s8hy6">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

The first Monday of the first full week back at work in ages.  It's going to be a doozy of a week I already know it.

Weekend recap?  Ok!  

Friday night Vinnie and I decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to grab a quick bite to eat and to watch the Bulls game on one of their many huge televisions.  We were going to go to a movie after we ate and the movie theater just so happens to be right next door to a BWW...perfect!  Oh wait, it must have been high school night at BWW because the line to even get in to the place was almost out the door with a million Justin Bieber looking teenagers.  Anger.  We decided we didn't want to wait 2 hours to eat some shitty wings from BWW that bad so we went next door to the high quality establishment called Red Robin.  I had actually never been to a Red Robin and I personally didn't hate it.  I got a turkey burger and a delicious margarita.  The only problem was that their tv's were not exactly big and there were only 2 of them in the bar.  Constantly straining my eyes to see the score of the game is not too thrilling but whatever it all worked out.

After dinner we went to see Django Unchained, the new Quentin Tarrentino movie.  Let me tell ya...it was awesome, some might even say it was off the chain (I had to)!  It was 2 hours and 45 minutes of pure greatness.  I am very glad we decided to see it and not the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 3D that was Vinnie's original choice.



 Saturday morning we took Marley to get groomed because he was starting to smell like Fritos and that is when we know he needs a nice grooming.  While waiting for Marley to be groomed, we went to a place called Pauline's in Andersonville for breakfast.  This place was a dive but their food was to die for (literally, I thought my heart was going to stop beating after I devoured the monster chocolate chip pancakes I ordered).  It might have been a dive but it was charming and a nice break from some of the pretentious, snooty places in Chicago.  



We got a call while we were still eating from the groomer and apparently there were a lot of big dogs in doggy day care that day and poor little Marley was scared.  They groomed him first so that we could come and take him home.  I felt so bad for the poor thing.  The lady told us when we got there that it wasn't their normal Saturday group of dogs and that Marley cowered in a corner and started shaking.  The other dogs took advantage of that and started being mean to him.  When they brought him out to us he made a mad dash for the door.  Needless to say, we loved on him a little more for the rest of the day.

clean doggy!
The good news is that he's super clean and smells amazing now!

That was about as exciting as our Saturday got.  The rest of the day was full of laundry and lazy.  We ended the night by watching an ESPN short film on Michael Jordan when he decided to retire (for the first time) and play baseball.  Silly MJ!

Sunday started out pretty lazy as well but it ended up being a really productive day.  I threw some ingredients together in the crockpot so that we would have something to eat later that night, I finished all of out laundry, I did all of the dishes and cleaned the stovetop, we eat PB&J sandwiches, and watched Trouble with the Curve, which was another excellent movie.  We both showered (which we hadn't done in a couple of days, gross) and then ate our crockpot chicken which ended up being really surprisingly awesome!  That crockpot was such a good birthday gift!  We headed to Top Golf after dinner where we drank a couple of beers and cursed at ourselves for sucking at golf (ok, mainly I was the one cursing).  It was cold, but fun!

As you can see from how bundled up I am...it was cold!

We ended the night at Fox and Hound for a couple more drinks.  Fox and Hound is the old bar that me and Vinnie used to work at.  It's where we met.  My room mate Erin still works there so we were visiting her.  This morning I decided that I had 2 too many drinks for a Sunday night and now I am currently sitting at my desk with my pajama shirt still on, but don't worry...since our office is so freezing all the time, I am wearing my Northface fleece over my pajama shirt so no one actually knows that I don't have a cute, fashiony, smart-casual shirt on under this Northface.  They just think that, as usual, I am freezing cold so I won't take off my fleece when really I can't take it off because I have a green v-neck t-shirt with a sportsbra on.  Maybe I'm pathetic, or maybe I'm just awesome for cheating the system and being comfortable on this stupid Monday afternoon at work.

I'm going with option 2...I'm just awesome (and only slightly pathetic).  

Don't worry guys, I'll grow up and dress like an adult at work someday (wink face).

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment