Thursday, November 1, 2012

Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. Halloween Treats.

You guys.  It's November.  Seriously???...how is it already November!?!  October is my favorite month of the year and it just flew right by!  I guess it's time to take down the Halloween decorations and put up the Thanksgiving decorations...Mmmm Thanksgiving.  At least we have that to look forward to!



Today I am linking up with 2 of my favorite bloggers to follow - Steph and Katie - for:


 Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

So since last night was Halloween and all I decided to bake some Halloween treats.  This is what old lady Tarah does for fun on Halloween instead of dressing up as a sexy nurse/teacher/cat/devil/superhero and going out to get sloshed.  Let me tell you, my night was way more comfortable and warm and I didn't wake up wanting to take a hammer to my head to end my miserable hangover.  Both of the Halloween treats I made were very easy and very delicious!



First we have the Halloween Brownies:

Original Source

Ingredients:

  • 1 19.5 to 19.8 oz. brownie mix
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 1 cup candy corn
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.

  2. Mix brownie mix, oil, water and eggs with a spatula or wooden spoon, about 50 strokes, until well-combined.

  3. Spread brownie batter in prepared pan. Bake 23 minutes.

  4. Remove brownies from oven. Sprinkle mini marshmallows, candy corn and chocolate chips over brownies. Return to oven, and bake another 5-8 minutes.

  5. Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
Makes 24 large Halloween brownies.

They turned out great and Vinnie (who is the master taste tester of brownies if you didn't know) approved!  FYI they're a little messy with the gooey marshmallows but it's totally worth it!

The next Halloween treat I made was even easier!

Vampire Bites!

Original Source

Items needed

  •  Square waffle pretzels or mini twists
  •  Hershey’s Kisses HUGS
  •  Candy Corn

Instructions


  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2.  Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
  3.  Place pretzels on cookie sheet making sure none are touching.
  4.  Bake 2-3 minutes, Hershey Kisses will start to get shiny.
  5.  Take out of the oven and gently place a candy corn on top of the Hershey Kisses.
  6.  Cool on counter or in fridge to speed the process.
Obviously you don't have to use Hershey's Hugs for these.  You can also use regular Hershey's Kisses or probably any other kind of chocolate that will fit on top of the pretzel.  I just think the Hershey's Hugs look really cute because they're striped.


 
These were so so yummy and it was hard to keep Marley away from the table all night as they were cooling off.  He would've eaten them all if I woulda let him anywhere near the kitchen!

My night consisted of watching scary movies (Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and the newest installment of Halloween), drinking wine, eating Halloween treats, and cuddling with my boys.  All of this was done in sweatpants, which is way more comfortable than any Halloween costume I've ever seen.  

And now I will leave you with this picture of my adorable niece and nephew all dressed up for Halloween.

Cowboy and Rapunzel
I just wish I could've been there to take them trick-or-treating!

Whether you spent your Halloween cuddled up on the couch watching scary movies like I did or out at a party with all the other crazy kids who dressed up, I hope you had a SPOOKtacular night (come on, I couldn't resist one cheesy Halloween pun)!

Happy November!

XO. Tarah
 
 

3 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I've seen them thanks to Pinterest too and haven't gotten a chance to make them. Glad you did :) thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh those look SO good and turned out perfectly!! GO YOU!! Thanks for linking up with us!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete