Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Honey Apple Porkloin

Hey Hey!  Only 1 1/2 more days of work left and then it's Turkey Time!  

Tonight Vinnie and I are celebrating Thanksgiving because we are both leaving to visit our families tomorrow.  I decided that I didn't want to make turkey because I'm going to have plenty of that the next several days.  So I decided to make honey apple pork in the crock pot.  Sounds pretty delicious and it was definitely simple, let's just hope it turns out.  I actually got this idea and recipe from Jane at 'In the Pink and Green'

Jane's picture
I work up a little early to prepare this and it only took about 15 minutes.  All you need is:

3 apples, sliced
2 T cinnamon
4 T honey
2.5-3 lb porkloin

I put the slices from 2 of the apples in the bottom of the crockpot and covered them with some of the cinnamon.  Cut slits in the pork loin and fill the slits with honey.  Put apple slices in the slits and put the pork in the crock pot.  Drizzle with honey and more cinnamon and then put the rest of the apples in.  I didn't really measure the cinnamon and honey, but I usually don't.  I just hope it turns out as well as Jane's did because hers look amazing!

After work I have to run a few more errands because I am going to try and bake pumpkin bars and pumpkin butter (gotta get all my pumpkin cooking in while I still can) and I'm hoping to come home to a lovely pork dinner.  Marley was eyeing the crockpot before I left for work this morning, so hopefully he doesn't jump up there and ruin our dinner!

If you haven't checked out the new winter fashion at Target yet, do yourselves a favor and GO THERE NOW!  I stopped in there last week and wanted to max out my credit card on all of the adorable things they have.  I managed to only buy a few things but I definitely wanted more.  Here are 2 of the shirts I bought:


Both are really cute and very affordable.  Ahh, Target never let's me (or my bank account) down.  Now I really need to stop shopping for myself and start buying Christmas presents.  I can't believe it's already that time of the year!  Starting Friday all we will be hearing about is Christmas, not that I'm complaining!  I love me some Christmas.  I'm also happy to announce that I have bought a few Christmas presents already, although I still have tons left to do!  Bring on the Christmas cheer!

Now I'll get back to starring at the time in the corner of my computer screen, counting down the minutes until 5 pm end of my last full day of work!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment