Monday, November 19, 2012

A Birthday and Thanksgiving Recipes

Alright, we'll get to the Thanksgiving crap in a minute but for the most important news: today is my niece's 4th birthday!

Emma and her cake last weekend at her bday party

Happy birthday to the cutest little girl on the planet!  I can't believe how fast she is growing up!!!

I'm actually excited that today is Monday!  It's the beginning of a short work week followed by a lovely holiday!  I'm hoping these 2 1/2 days of work fly by because me and Marley will be on our way to Iowa to celebrate Thanksgiving around 3 pm on Wednesday!  I get out of work at 2 and I'm hoping to run home and grab Marley, load up my car, and be on the road.  Vinnie is spending his holiday in St. Louis with family so I will miss him but we will reunite on Saturday to celebrate our 1 year anniversary.  I'm hoping to do a little Thanksgiving celebrating together tomorrow night since we won't be able to spend the actual holiday together.

So normally around my house during Thanksgiving I don't really help out with the cooking a whole lot.  My mom usually pretty much takes care of everything.  But, since I've been cooking more and more over the past year I thought maybe I would make a little side dish of my own.  So, in honor of Thanksgiving week, I've decided to share a few of the ideas that I am thinking about making and bringing this year.

Baked Brie with Pecans 

Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip

Pumpkin Bars
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
If I have enough time, I really want to make that pumpkin butter so that I can send something with Vinnie for his family!  But we'll see if I actually have time.

Happy Monday!  Here's to a short work week!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment