Friday, December 14, 2012

Winter Wonderfest turns into a rough morning

T-minus 3 hours until it is officially the weekend.  And T-minus 5 hours until I start my weekend off by working until 3 am.  Yay!!!  Haha but seriously, TGIF!

So I had a really rough morning, let me tell you about it.

I could NOT wake up this morning so I hit the snooze button at least 7 times.  Then I finally dragged myself out of bed and started getting ready for work.  When you wake up late, it throws everything off.  I didn't have time to shower, so dry shampooing my hair was going to have to work.  The outfit I picked out definitely didn't work.  This awkward sweater from 5 years ago...bad choice.  And the white long sleeve shirt I'm wearing under it...even worse choice.  As I was brushing my teeth and looking in the mirror I realized that it was not working out today but of course I didn't have time to go change.  As I grabbed my Northface off of the couch and put it on, I realized that Marley had apparently taken a nap on it last night.  That dog LOVES blankets and refuses to lay on the couch without cuddling up with one (which is why he is receiving his very own dog blanket for Christmas because I've had about enough of our blankets being filled with fur).  My black Northface was covered in fur, inside and out.  I just said fuck it and have been covered in dog hair all day.  People that I work with probably think I'm disgusting, or that I'm part human and the other part dog.  Whatever.  I grabbed my keys off of the hook by the door and ran downstairs only to realized that I grabbed Vinnie's keys so I had to run back upstairs and switch them out.  As I'm looking around trying to remember where I parked, that's when it hit me.  

Last night Vinnie picked me up from work because we were going to the Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier and I work about 2 miles away from it.  The Wonderfest was fun (more about that later) but we forgot one thing...my car.  When it was over we just drove straight home together without stopping by my work and picking up my car.  Neither of us realized it until this morning when I went searching for my car to drive to work.  I had to, for the 2nd time, run back upstairs and wake Vinnie up so that he could drive me to work.  He was not a happy camper.

Now since I've been at work my day has turned around.  I had Portillo's for lunch.  Portillos can turn anyone's day around!

So last night, Vinnie and I went to the Winter Wonderfest at Navy Pier.  Apparently, it's a pretty popular attraction for families with little kids because there were mass amounts of little kids.  Had I known this beforehand my decision to go to the Fest might have been different, but we still had fun.  They had carnival rides, food, a couple of bands, ice skating, a cookie decorating station, and lots of cutesie Christmas decor.  After walking around for a little while, we decided to hit up the Ferris Wheel.


At the top of the Ferris Wheel!

View from the top.
Then we headed over to the food vendors and bought a pretzel and chicken strips, good ol' carnival food.  Luckily, we then found the bar.  Can't blame them for having a bar.  I know I would need a drink if I had brought my little devil kids to this place.  Kids go nuts for all things Christmas and it didn't help that Santa and his elves were there.  We debated going ice skating but decided to skip it.  Too many crazy children whizzing around and falling all over the place.  Kids have no fear.  They don't think about falling and having a finger taken off by an ice skate.  We went on the Tilt-A-Whirl and giggled like little kids.  And then hit up the main stage and jammed out to Wedding Banned, an 80's cover band.

Tilt-A-Whirl

Wedding Banned (yes the man on the left is wearing shorts and yes his legs are gigantic)
We finished off the night by decorating cookies, which I'm pretty sure was a children's activity but after Vinnie asked me if I was sure that I didn't want to decorate a cookie before we left for the 9th time, I realized that Vinnie was in deed a giant kid himself so I would give into this and decorate a cookie with him.

Mine is a Christmas Tree and his is a Snowman.
Then we headed out to Vinnie's car where we proceeded to forget to pick up my car and went straight home to watch a couple episodes of 'Catfish' on MTV (anyone else find themselves oddly obsessed with this show?) and have Vinnie's favorite drink, Bacardi Limon and Coke.

We definitely made the most out of what could have been a pretty lame night.  But then again, we always do :)

Beautiful Enormous Christmas Tree

More cute Christmas decorations

Just clownin around :)
My parents are coming to visit tomorrow and I am super excited to have 2 days off this weekend!  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend as well!

XO. Tarah

No comments:

Post a Comment